“not so good.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Lynden / Bellingham KOA

Lynden / Bellingham KOA
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lynden
Lynden / Bellingham KOA
8717 Line Road, Lynden, WA 98264   |
Seattle
“not so good.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

When making reservation was told one tent was OK for our trailer site. Paid for 4 Adults plus one child. Parked the trailer and set up the tent around 6:30 pm. At 10pm, the owner stopped by to inform us the tent was too big and had to come down first thing in the morning. So the next night, 3 adults and one child slept in the small trailer, while the tough adult ended up having to sleep out side with no tent on the ground. It would have been nice to know the small tent policy upon making the reservation, or something on their website to warn us. Went to complain the next morning after being told the tent had to come down, to find 3 other campers in front of the line with the same complaint. No fire pit either.....won't ever go back.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

27 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Coquitlam, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed here for Canadian Thanksgiving. This was the first time we had stayed here and the main reason is that during the peak months it costs nearly $55 per night to camp here. However, after labour day the rate drops to off peak of around $30 which is what I would say it is worth. We had issues with reliable power for the entire trip, but the biggest issue was that the camp ground was 100% full with almost no staff on for the weekend. We would stay again, but only in non-peak time as there are other options in the area that are much more reasonably priced.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Snohomish, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I stopped at the Lynden KOA for one night. The cost for a tent site was $34.00. I thought that it was a little steep but I had not been camping at KOA for a while so maybe my perception of costs was off. In the morning I went to the bathroom to take a shower and discovered that there was no hot water. I ended up taking a cold shower since I was pressed for time. When I stopped at the office to report the lack of hot water I was told,
“Yeah, the hot water tank is not big enough to supply hot water. The showers down here (near the office) have plenty.”
I paid $34.00 for one night and a cold shower? I will not be staying at KOA again. I expected a better response than that particularly since I had paid $18.00 the night before for a similar tent site in Anacortes with plenty of hot water for showers.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Lynden hotels

Surrey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Our family has camped at the Lynden KOA for the past 8 or 9 years and in the last couple of years things there have been on the decline. We were last there a couple of weeks ago and they messed up our reservation and when we tried to address it the Manager dealt with the situation in a very unprofessional, rude manner. I also have to say that the bathrooms were filthy for all 3 days we were there and the big dirt ring around the pool wall was gross also. For over $200 for 3 days (charged $5 for every person on site over 2 and were a family of 4) of camping I would expect the washrooms to be cleaned at least 2x daily and for the Manager to have handled their error in booking our camp site in a more reasonable manner, standing in front of us arguing while she is smoking her cigarette and telling us she is tired from working 21 days in a row did not help resolve our issue at all.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

We camped here in a tent site up on the "hill". The site was a good size and completely shaded, and set back away from the crowded RV spots. They really pack 'em in this place! Every inch of the campground is jammed with RV's. The grounds are kept clean though, and the restrooms were spotless. Biggest complaint was the pool. It is so small!! There were so many people in it we would not have dreamed of going in. I can't believe the maximum capacity was not exceeded. It was a hot weekend and we were very disappointed to find that we could not take advantage of the pool. It was one of the reasons we chose a KOA over a state park. We could have paid $20 less somewhere else. Huge bummer. Overall a pleasant stay but will not go back due to the pool situation.

• Stayed August 2012
Medicine Hat, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I will start with the 2 bad things.......1st the dumping station is beside the playground???? What were you thinking there? 2nd, not enough washrooms.........ok now the rest will be short and sweet.......We are Canadians and discovered KOA on our trip to Washington State.......I can not say enough about this one!! The grounds were so well kept and clean........The duck ponds were my favourite thing and I know we will return to this beautiful area.......thank you!

Room Tip: all sites are beautiful
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Maple Ridge, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I had heard great things about the Lynden KOA and was excited to go there. Our stay started off poorly from the start.

The first thing we noticed when we arrived at our site was there was no fire pit. Not necessarily a big deal but it would've been nice to be told that ahead of time so we could make arrangements for one. When we inquired at the office we were told our only option was to find an empty site (if there was one) and use that when we needed.

Secondly, the staff assigned us to a site that was meant for a trailer without slides and probably under 27ft long. Needless to say our 31ft trailer with 2 slides was an extremely tight fit and even though we did our best not to encroach on the sites on either side of us the ropes for our pop up canopy were over by a couple of inches on one side. A fact that a staff member quite rudely brought to our attention. If we were on a site appropriate for our trailer it would've been a non-issue.

There is one off leash dog area which is great, except for the fact that it also doubles as visitor/overflow parking and is used by everyone else for bike riding, kite flying, etc. So really there is no where that you can run your dogs.

Some of the public amenities were less than par. The mini golf course needs a lot of work, the pond is chock full of weeds that makes it difficult when using the paddle boats and the public showers were filthy. The showers were "closed for cleaning" from 11:00-12:00. Imagine my surprise when I arrived at 12:00, expecting to find a clean shower stall, and I walk into one that has lumps of hair on the floor! I'm not talking about a few strands, I mean wads! The light fixtures were full of dead bugs and obviously hadn't been cleaned for sometime.

I'm surprised to see that this KOA has won the President's Choice Award. I will definitely not recommend this campsite or camp there again. We stayed at the KOA Grandy Creek about 3 weeks prior and had a wonderful time. The difference was incredible. Recommend Grandy Creek? Absolutely!!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Lynden / Bellingham KOA? Share your experiences!