“Good food but pricey” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 51 Restaurants in Lynden
Cuisines: American, European, Dessert, Dutch
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Family friendly, serving good, old-fashioned homestyle cooking, plus some delicious old world specialties.Some of our claims to fame:- Voted "Best Breakfast" in Lynden- Won "Best Pie" in America- Large Portions of good home cooking- We CATER! (on site, or at your location)- Nearly thirty years of cooking breakfast, lunch and dinner for LyndenBefore or after your meal, browse our gift shop and Dutch market, explore downtown Lynden, visit the Lynden Pioneer Musuem and the Jansen Art Center.
Los Angeles
“Good food but pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Had a hamburger and onion rings. Son had a Dutch pancake, was delicious. Wife had chicken pot pie. Food was plentiful. price was a little high. The decor was nice. Son enjoyed playing in the Dutch Shoe. Not sure if I would go again, since I could probably find the same food for cheaper price elsewhere. But since I was in a tourist town, it was fine. Our friends local to the area recommended the place, so we trusted their suggestion.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

82% Recommend
“Great food! Come hungry!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

In town visiting and looked up a place to eat brunch. Was a little skeptical based on the first few reviews that popped up. Boy were they off base. This place was great! Service was very attentive. Food was amazing! A little pricey BUT they give such large portions that sharing a meal is definitely do able. I got the brown sugar & nut pannekoken? (Large pancake) that was so wonderfully amazing & my honey got the perogies & sausage. We both wanted pie since they looked so delicious but no way after all that food. Restaurant also has cute old fashioned decor. Will definitely try this little gem next time in town.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“Terrible lunch”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

My wife and I were looking forward to eating here as we are thinking of relocating to the area and couldn't have been more disappointed. Although the restaurant and adjoining shop are very pleasant our food was so bad that I was actually angry when I got the bill.
My wife ordered a simple hamburger with onion rings and I requested the Cable Car Sandwich with fries. Our food came out and my wife's onion rings were burned. Not slightly burned but dark brown and brittle. We requested new ones and they came right out but were still not very appetizing.
Then I tried my Cable Car sandwich. It's basically a roast beef and cheddar sandwich with onions and green peppers. Though it looked good on the plate when I bit into I realized that there wasn't much there. I opened it up to discover a couple of thin slices of roast beef and a bit of cheese and hardly an onion or pepper in sight. This simple lunch and a couple of sodas cost us around $31 bucks before tip (our waitress was the best part of the lunch.) I'll let their food speak for itself as to whether or not you think it was worth it
To be fair they did offer to refund part of the cost when I complained but I declined. If you eat there I would avoid lunch however their pastries did look very good.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Ross B, Owner at Dutch Mothers Family Restaurant, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
LostandClark, thank you so much for being willing to share about your experience. We are so sorry that it didn't meet expectations (yours or ours!). The Cable Car Sandwich is one of our most-popular menu items, but you obviously didn't get one prepared according to recipe. We're glad to hear that the waitress was helpful. We'd love to treat you for breakfast or lunch again the next time you're in town. Please feel free to message me through TripAdvisor or call the restaurant & ask for Ross. Thanks again for sharing. -Ross and the Dutch Mother's team
Norton Shores, Michigan
“Big Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

This is an older building that has been remodeled into a family friendly restaurant. There are many smaller, private, cozy seating areas. We ordered breakfast and the French toasted cinnamon roll was huge and delicious. Served with bacon, cooked perfectly, I enjoyed every bite. The coffee was strong and fresh. They had several flavored creamers for those of you who can't take it black. The price was reasonable, around $7.50 for the French toast. The service was VERY friendly and accommodating. One member of our group wanted an eggless omelet, so they combined ingredients and brought him hashbrowns stuffed with all the omelet ingredients.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bellingham, Washington
“One of my favorits”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I always try and take guests here as the atmosphere is good, the wait staff is great. Good deserts and they have my favorite dinner-roasted turkey with all the trimmings.

Visited October 2012