“Dont waste your time going anywhere else.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Reservations
Bellingham, Washington
“Dont waste your time going anywhere else.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

This review is about the service at Steakhouse9. Having spent a good majority of my 20's in the service industry, I must say, I was surprised to see the other reviews regarding service lacking. I come to the bistro at least once a week and have never had less than OUTSTANDING SERVICE! Each and every server I've had goes above and beyond to meet the needs of myself and friends I bring in. Lets just be honest, theres nowhere else in Bellingham that can rival this service and ambiance while serving such fine cuisine at these prices. If this place were in Seattle the menu would be 50% higher with prices at least. The managers here are doing everything right, there's no doubt about that. Thank you Steakhouse 9 for opening probably my favorite restaurant ever!!!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Washington
“Beautiful but still have service issues”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

This place is new. Food was good. Portabella sandwich with great fries is a treat. Ambiance is nice. Very classy. Deck is nice on a sunny day. They spent a LOT of money on this place.

Only knock is service needs work. Waitress didn't know specials (ouch). Another waitress I could hear every word she said from 25 feet away. Another time I needed some sweetener for my ice tea. I asked her. My friend got up to get some but it ended up she did hear me but never acknowledged it. This is basic stuff.

There are only about 8 tables to eat at. The rest is bar and lounge style with coffee tables. So you might want to get reservations.

Nice TVs. I've never heard volume on which was nice at lunch. If you want to watch AND listen to the game, you might find out what they do.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bellingham, Washington
“Excellent First Impression”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

This review is for the Bistro. At long last, there is a bar with big screen tv's (6) in Lynden. Our visit was on a Monday evening, and we decided to split a salad and a main course. The Cesar Salad was perfection. Housemade dressing, with just the right touch of garlic and anchovy. Barbecue Ribs were as the menu described, "fall off the bone" delicious. Not too sweet sauce, with a nice amount of heat. And terrific fries. There is a decent selection of beer on tap, wine by the glass, at fair prices. Excellent service from our server, Julie. We will certainly go back to 9 Bistro.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lynden, Washington
“Great place to watch football”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Great bar, amazing happy hour all day on sundays, big tv's! Whats not to like! Shock top on tap. We love to watch games here.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lynden, Washington
“Change your service level or you won't last”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Terrible service on all fronts. A very long wait to get acknowledged by waitstaff. Ordered drinks and waited another 15 min before waitress advised us they were out of the ingredients. Ordered a different kind and waited 5 min for that one, which was poorly made (missing a key ingredient). Dinner choice, the fish tacos, took too long. Another 30 minutes in which the waitress never stopped by. People sometimes will order a second drink while they are waiting but you miss the sale when you disappear until you dumped the food off. Fish were cold and blah but not the worst we've had. I'd rate the food a 5 on a scale of 1-10.

Seriously, improve your bar and kitchen staff. We won't be back. You'll lose other customers if you don't change.

• Visited August 2013