“New favorite Mexican restaurant.” 5 of 5 stars

360.318.1171​
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #27 of 53 Restaurants in Lynden
“New favorite Mexican restaurant.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

We have been back 3 times now. I won't call it my new favorite until I have had 3-4 consistently good meals and we have had that here. Great food, atmosphere and service.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Lynden, Washington
“Okay food, horrible attitude”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Maybe we caught them on a bad day. There was only one other couple in the restaurant, so it can't be that they were busy. The lady who waited on us acted like it was a complete imposition for us to be there. My wife and I both sensed it. Well, we didn't have to "sense" it. It was glaringly obvious. She would rather have been anywhere else than there waiting on us. We have not been back, and will most likely not go back. That's because the food was just okay. It wasn't bad, but it was kind of bland. If the food were better, we might give the staff a second chance, but for bland Mexican food, I'll pass.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Custer, Washington
“Worth a second visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Ok for starters, this restaurant is now called Marta's Cocina. We have been looking for a good Mexican restaurant, not too far away, ever since our favorite Las Cazuelas closed. We had heard that Marta's was good so we thought we'd give it a shot. We were greeted immediately (always nice) and seated. We got the usual chips, salsa and pico de gallo. Salsa was good, somewhat perky. I got my usual Margarita and my partner had his usual Negra Modelo. Now, I like tequila and I like to be able to taste it in my drink. This one passed. I might have thrown in a touch more (so I'm a lush, big deal) but it was there. When I'm at a new Mexican restaurant I have a basic dinner I order. I figure if they screw that up there's no point in coming back. Chicken enchilada and tamale. Again, they passed. I was pleased that I could choose the sauce for my enchilada (they have red, green, mole and crema). The chicken was moist and tender and a good serving. The tamale was evenly cooked, no hard patches, nicely seasoned. The rice was fluffy, the refried beans pretty typical. My partner got a spicy shrimp dish which he said was spicy without causing him to breathe fire. The service was good and the waitstaff appeared happy to be there. We like Mexican food and eat it fairly often. We will try Marta's Cocina again

• Visited November 2012