“VERY Smoky” 3 of 5 stars

Langley City, Canada
5 attraction reviews
“VERY Smoky”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Ok for a small casino with slots only. Friendly staff and well maintained but as a non smoker I simply cannot handle the lack of ventilation in this casino.

Visited July 2013

Langley City, Canada
9 attraction reviews
“I give it a 3 plus”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I visited this casino for the first time last Sunday. I enjoyed the drive and have to say that it is really in the middle of farmland so you don't really expect to have a casino there but it is. Having said that I noticed quite a few RV's parked in the RV sites. I think It would be a nice place to wake up in the morning as it was peaceful and quiet. The casino is quite small and appears as new. Inside and outside. I read other reviews so am confused as to why anyone could call it shabby. Everything inside and out was spotlessly clean and new. We signed up for the rewards card and received 5.00 in free play. We both found the slots to be quite good. We didn't win big but were able to play for a couple of hours without losing our shirts. In the end I left ahead by about ten bucks so I didn't think that was bad for two hours of entertainment. We decided to try the Sunday Brunch. They call it a classic brunch and it was. All the usual favourites were there including blueberry pancakes, potatoes, ham, eggs benny etc.. I really enjoyed the stir fry bar. You fill up your bowl with whatever raw veggies and meats you like and they stir fry it for you with your choice of sauce. It was excellent and a nice change.It was not the best buffet I have been to but certainly clean and adequate and what they had was tasty. I was told that on Thursday nights they feature a two for one Asian buffet. I did note the staff throughout was very friendly from the chefs at the buffet to the servers to the winners club desk. I would give it a three plus if it were an option and will definitely go back again and try it out.

Visited August 2013
Rainier, Washington
16 attraction reviews
“Nice little casino”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I'm not sure how another TA reviewer could call this place "shabby", I'm wondering if they are actually thinking of this casino's older sister casino south of this one. Anyway, this is far from shabby, it looks relatively new to me. It was clean and fairly empty on the Tuesday night we went. It is a small casino so you shouldn't expect a lot of slots, but the ones I played paid well enough for me to have some fun and not leave totally broke (which is my usual MO, unfortunately). I have to say the buffet was the worst I have ever seen. I like TA reviewer, "Slugbuglady", thought of asking for a refund after surveying the dried out offerings on the buffet, but didn't and left extremely unhappy. My companion and I were discussing how horrible the food was, it really looked as though it had set there for hours, almost everything was dried out and really not edible. The salad bar was paltry and some of the condiments were actually frozen, i.e. kidney beans and cucumbers. They did not keep the foods stocked so there were empty food pans left on the line. The desserts were kept too cold and were dry and tired looking. I thought I'd be okay with the soft serve ice cream (what could they do to that?) but it also was horrible, yellow and freezer burned (?); I don't know what exactly happened to it but it was not good. Seriously think twice before you eat at this place we were sorry we didn't try "Chef's" the casino restaurant.

Visited March 2013
Maple Falls, Washington
“good food and good times.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

been coming to the northwood casino for a very long time now. don't always win, but at least i can play for sometime before my limit is reached. the food at chefs is always great, service can be better at times. the only thing i find that could use some help there is there floor service, hard to get a drink at time. i hate getting up from a hot machine to get a drink!!!!.

Visited April 2013
Vancouver, Canada
31 attraction reviews
“Terrible, shabby, tired little place -not fun”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

The atmoshpere is dim
The food is absolutely the worst and
the prices were outrageous.
We wasted our time - not to be repeated
Staff and managment (if there is actually is any) are down
right miserable and jaded - the questions is WHY???!!!!

Visited December 2012

Been to Northwoods Casino? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Northwoods Casino, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.