“Nice little casino” 4 of 5 stars

Rainier, Washington
17 attraction reviews
“Nice little casino”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I'm not sure how another TA reviewer could call this place "shabby", I'm wondering if they are actually thinking of this casino's older sister casino south of this one. Anyway, this is far from shabby, it looks relatively new to me. It was clean and fairly empty on the Tuesday night we went. It is a small casino so you shouldn't expect a lot of slots, but the ones I played paid well enough for me to have some fun and not leave totally broke (which is my usual MO, unfortunately). I have to say the buffet was the worst I have ever seen. I like TA reviewer, "Slugbuglady", thought of asking for a refund after surveying the dried out offerings on the buffet, but didn't and left extremely unhappy. My companion and I were discussing how horrible the food was, it really looked as though it had set there for hours, almost everything was dried out and really not edible. The salad bar was paltry and some of the condiments were actually frozen, i.e. kidney beans and cucumbers. They did not keep the foods stocked so there were empty food pans left on the line. The desserts were kept too cold and were dry and tired looking. I thought I'd be okay with the soft serve ice cream (what could they do to that?) but it also was horrible, yellow and freezer burned (?); I don't know what exactly happened to it but it was not good. Seriously think twice before you eat at this place we were sorry we didn't try "Chef's" the casino restaurant.

Visited March 2013

Maple Falls, Washington
“good food and good times.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

been coming to the northwood casino for a very long time now. don't always win, but at least i can play for sometime before my limit is reached. the food at chefs is always great, service can be better at times. the only thing i find that could use some help there is there floor service, hard to get a drink at time. i hate getting up from a hot machine to get a drink!!!!.

Visited April 2013
Vancouver, Canada
35 attraction reviews
“Terrible, shabby, tired little place -not fun”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

The atmoshpere is dim
The food is absolutely the worst and
the prices were outrageous.
We wasted our time - not to be repeated
Staff and managment (if there is actually is any) are down
right miserable and jaded - the questions is WHY???!!!!

Visited December 2012
8 attraction reviews
“i wanted to leave”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I have never surveyed a buffet and seriously considered asking for a refund after viewing the offering. After tasting what I did put on my plate, i realized I should have listened to that inner voice. I left hungry.

40 attraction reviews
“Good place to donate money to the Nooksack indian tribe”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

There are no table games here only slots. It's a good place to kill a few hours and if your lucky come out ahead but most likely you will be supporting the Nooksack indian tribe! The staff is very friendly and will answer any questions you may have. On tuesdays they have two dollar buffett, but be prepared to wait up to an hour or more as it is very popular among the local community!

Visited July 2012