“Do NOT support this business” 1 of 5 stars

Windmill Inn
1.5 of 5 Inn   |   8022 Guide Meridian Road, Lynden, WA 98264-9210   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Lynden B&B and Inns
Bothell, Washington
“Do NOT support this business”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2010

I made reservations through Travelocity for this hotel for my 87 & 81 year old parents to stay here for their grandson's baseball tournament. Upon arrival they told them they didn't have their reservation that it had been moved 10 miles down the road. I called Travelocity - they didn't move the reservation. After a bunch of investigation my parents reservation was given away to someone else who showed up before them who didn't have a reservation. Basically someone offered more money for the room. My parents showed up at the place at 3:30pm so it wasn't late by any means. This hotel was good, but is now under new management and apparently it's bad management.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Vancouver Island, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2009

What is that stink?....I think it's that puck stuff that they put into male washrooms with that really strong smell that you just can't get rid off. Slept with the windows wide open.
I felt dirtier getting out of the shower then when I went in.
The place needs a really good cleaning top to bottom, new furniture that is not ripped....actually, just strip the whole thing and start over. I didn't take off my shoes to walk over the floor, yuck! I think once upon a time the place was really cute and I can see lots of potential with this Inn, with a little money and lots of elbow grease. But as it stands now, I think a visit from the health inspector would be in order. All around the Inn are parked campers. Some of them nice but most of them old and run down looking. Some questionable characters are walking around those campers, made me very uncomfortable. I will not stay here ever again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Lynden hotels

Elk Grove
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2009

Rates were misquoted. Charged higher rate at check-in. Overall the facility was very run-down. Water pressure very low and there was no hot water for our shower. The telephone did not work. The furniture was torn and I have seen better at the Goodwill Store. The management had a bad attitude and was not willing to do anything to help the situation.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
Vancouver
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2007

An overnight trip to Bellis Fair turned into a nightmare when all the hotels were full in Bellingham and we gratefully checked into the Windmill Inn Motel in Lynden. Unfortunately after 30 minutes in the motel room we all felt suddenly very itchy. The rash subsided while we went to the mall, but returned when we stayed for the night. We escaped as early as possible..7 am...where we were greated by the nightstaff in their underwear when we tried to return the key. Yes, Pets are allowed but this can bring unwanted little tiny creepy crawly pests to keep you company at night!

• Liked — the glow-in-the-dark remote
  • Disliked — sudden rashes, stencils on wal\
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Windmill Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Windmill Inn

Address: 8022 Guide Meridian Road, Lynden, WA 98264-9210
Location: United States > Washington > Lynden
Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service
Ranked #2 of 2 B&Bs / Inns in Lynden
Hotel Class:1.5 star — Windmill Inn 1.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel and Venere so you can book your Windmill Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Windmill Inn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.