“Dont settle for less” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Lynden B&B and Inns
Lynnwood, Washington
“Dont settle for less”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I know its the best price around (if they honor the price they listed) I am not a high class person, and my husband might be the farthest thing from a high class person. We were both disgusted. First the light didn't work in the room, the smell was unbearable. and the service was beyond rude and I didn't feel welcome to stay. I read the negative reviews, was willing to settle, for pricing reasons. I thought that reviews were over doing it. DONT GO. SAVE YOUR MONEY. stay at a bus stop instead, probably have less bugs any how... at least bus stops have lights.

Worst part other then the itching, smell, no lights, was for sure the HORRIBLE unwelcoming service. it was my wedding day and honestly was expecting a run down place. This is beyond that, horrible service, smells the R.V. parking was the least of my worries..

I can
not express this enough, DONT go. I agree with the post don't support this business. This building deserves new management. The windmill was the only cool thing about the whole place.

Im making an account on this site, just to save other guests from the mistake I made. Don't believe the slim good reviews there are, this place is a trash can with a windmill above it seriously. I would have paid a hundred extra dollars to goto any over priced hotel, rather then stay here again. Next time option A. other hotel B. alley way I wont ever make this mistake again I hope.

Room Tip: ANY other hotel
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

13 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

When we first pulled up i actualy thought it was a run down apartment building. The woman at the desk was very nice but upon entering the room we were instantly hit with the most unbelievably bad smell i almost turned around to check out but it was the only hotel in the area with a room available. It truely was the dark spot in a beautiful little christian town.

• Stayed October 2012

Travelers are raving about these Lynden hotels

Richmond, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We arranged our reservation through expedia and upon arrival got a very friendly greeting, very helpful. Room (#22) was large, clean, cute, older furniture but quaint room, quiet, beatiful view over the fields, close to food, coffee, groceries etc.
Ignore the nasty reviews and realize some people are never happy or satisfied!!!

Room Tip: Room 22 was at the very end of the hotel with nice view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

As we checked into this place we felt uncomfortable right off the bat. On entering this dive, it smelt bad bad bad stinky and horrible and was unclean . The furniture was shabby and smelly.The bed worst worst worst dirty and stinky, I pulled the bedding down and wow the sheets were not clean and looked like someone had slept in them the night before and was just pulled up and had not been changed. The pillows were disgusting flat and lumpy and unclean No way in hell would we have slept in that filthy dirtyj hole. This is just the kind of place where bed bugs loom ooooohhhhh. We just turned around and walked out.. I told the owners that we were unhappy about the condition of the room and if they has an ounce of business sense they would have given our money back.But they did not care and did not reiburse us for a service that they did not render.. Is this how they collect from people ,get the money for services not provided, Also these rooms are in no way decorated in a dutch tradition as their information suggests on the internet, its a blatent lie. They are piggy backing on the The Dutch Village Inn. Never mix up the two. The Dutch Village Inn is far superior and should not even be catagorised with this run down dirty filthy hovel of a dive A visit from the Consumer Protection Division will be notified about this place for sure DONT stay at this place you will regret it.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Merritt, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

I liked the place as it was central to where i wanted to be. I was hoping to stay in Sumas, but there was Sumas Dayz and there was no rooms available... So we stayed in this sweet place from June 24th to June 26th. I was happy to not be outside as i was allergic to grass and trees. The air-conditioner was a plus as i was happy to be in the coldness. The furniture was not the greatest but i did not mind it, as i needed to be inside. I did have to clean it up a little with lysol strips but i did feel better after that. If there were dogs and cats in there i would have been super allergic to them.

But i called on friday afternoon and reserved 3 rooms and the size of the rooms were large that i needed only 2 rooms. the first room(room 17 / $78 nite) was a queen size bed and was ok. The second room(room26 / $100 nite) was larger and had 2 queen beds, & a double bed. I liked that it was the last rooms in the area, and met our objectives of having a room that was central to Bellingham, Seattle, Sumas, & Abbotsford. The second room had a kitchenette and had kitchen wares. 1st room had a bar fridge that allowed u to have food in there.... i loved the satelite as i was only allowed outside. I had no allergy problems until i left the country and stood outside when i reached hope, BC, Canada.

Room Tip: Make sure you are clear on what you are looking 4!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Bothell, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2010

I made reservations through Travelocity for this hotel for my 87 & 81 year old parents to stay here for their grandson's baseball tournament. Upon arrival they told them they didn't have their reservation that it had been moved 10 miles down the road. I called Travelocity - they didn't move the reservation. After a bunch of investigation my parents reservation was given away to someone else who showed up before them who didn't have a reservation. Basically someone offered more money for the room. My parents showed up at the place at 3:30pm so it wasn't late by any means. This hotel was good, but is now under new management and apparently it's bad management.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Vancouver Island, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2009

What is that stink?....I think it's that puck stuff that they put into male washrooms with that really strong smell that you just can't get rid off. Slept with the windows wide open.
I felt dirtier getting out of the shower then when I went in.
The place needs a really good cleaning top to bottom, new furniture that is not ripped....actually, just strip the whole thing and start over. I didn't take off my shoes to walk over the floor, yuck! I think once upon a time the place was really cute and I can see lots of potential with this Inn, with a little money and lots of elbow grease. But as it stands now, I think a visit from the health inspector would be in order. All around the Inn are parked campers. Some of them nice but most of them old and run down looking. Some questionable characters are walking around those campers, made me very uncomfortable. I will not stay here ever again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

Been to Windmill Inn? Share your experiences!