“Okay fast food, but not top-of-the-line BBQ” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #27 of 53 Restaurants in Lynden
Cuisines: Barbecue
Lynden, Washington
“Okay fast food, but not top-of-the-line BBQ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

If you want an okay fast food, this is just fine. But if you're looking for some BBQ that makes you salivate, this is not the place. Dickey's Barbecue Pit is to BBQ what Taco Time is to authentic Mexican food. Interestingly enough, the baked beans and coleslaw were better than the pulled-pork sandwich. I'm not down on the place. It really was okay, but it's not excellent BBQ. That's all I'm saying.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Tum Tum WA
“Yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

"Bar-be-que pit" type place to eat. Very simple surroundings and food excellent. You choose your own sauce so if you don't like it no one else to blame. LOL

Visited January 2013
Tacoma, Washington
“Quite a surprise!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We met friends for dinner here, pretty much on a lark, None of us had ever been here before. When we walked in, I was a bit concerned that the food would be, at best, ok.

Boy, was I wrong! The food was excellent!! They have determined to keep their overhead costs as low as possible, and they don't do it by serving average food.

It's not Texas BBQ, but it's pretty darned good.

Visited October 2012
“Made me sick.....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

I had the chicken.

It looked like it had been steam cooked. Smelled off right from the start. When I cut it open there were different colors, but I still didn't stop. I was starving.

What a mistake.

Two hours later, I started getting the hot sweats, sick to my stomach, and shortly after was throwing up that chicken breast that I are earlier in the afternoon.

Maybe I received the only bad piece of chicken there. Maybe it was not refrigerated properly. Maybe it was undercooked. Whatever the reason, it made me sick.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Ironton, OH
“Average BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

The food itself is just average. It's tender and served hot but is lacking some serious flavor and smoke or bark. The sides were very good and the waffle fries arent cooked until you order so they are guaranted fresh.

I still gave it 4/5 because the food was still good despite lacking some flavor but the establishment was extremely clean and the ladies behind the counter provided great service.

• Visited September 2012