“Beautiful golf course...1st class restaurants!” 5 of 5 stars

115 E. Homestead Blvd., #104, Lynden, WA 98264
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 11 things to do in Lynden
More attraction details
Owner description: Located just on the outskirts of Lynden, Homestead Golf and Country Club winds its way across what was once fertile dairy land and is now one of the real surprises of Northwest Washington golf. This is a true resort course, with wide landing areas and multiple tees for the recreational golfer and length, doglegs and hidden hazards to challenge players with some game. And it is the only course in Washington with a par five that plays into an island green. This beautiful finishing hole has been voted best par 5 finishing hole in the state. We welcome you to join us.
Lynden, Washington
“Beautiful golf course...1st class restaurants!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

You'll be challenged at this beautifully maintained golf course, and then review your round on the deck At the Bistro. In the evening, eat in the delicious and romantic Steak House 9.

Visited July 2013

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The golf course is average to very good. But Pro shop staff try to rip you off.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I phoned to inquire about a Sunday afternoon Tee time (1:20) and the advertised senior rate and twilight rate. The senior rate was $50 and the twilight discount was 10% after 1:00 PM. I confirmed that both discounts applied when I phoned (Amy) and made a point of asking whether both discounts would apply. I was assured that they did, so I booked a Tee time over the phone. Otherwise, I would have booked my Tee time on golfnow.com for the same rate.

When I arrived at Homestead to pay for our threesome (all seniors) I was told that the twilight rate didn't apply, because I was already getting the senior rate! I complained and explained that I had phoned the day before and was told explicitly that both discounts did apply, but my protestation fell on deaf ears (Brad and Graham). I paid the over charge, but the next day I phoned back to inquire about it and was again told that both discounts would apply (Sebastian) and was asked to phone Bo (the Head pro) the next day when he was in. I did that and was told that I would be reimbursed the overcharge on my credit card. There was no apology from Bo - sorry for the inconvenience, overcharge, etc. - nothing.

I used to play here years ago using the early bird rate. I recall some incidents where walk on players (usually singles) were occasionally refused the early bird rates, because they couldn't get a Tee time before the cut-off time. The Pro shop staff here seem to be more concerned about squeezing the $$$ out of customers, then customer loyalty and retention.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank oto65
Lynden, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Aweful experience!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Wow! What can I say....I've been to restaurants in Canada and washington and ALL were better then this one.
Waitress: took forever
Food : tiny portions
Atmosphere: dull
Taste : Bland.

I'm 22 and I'm not a big eater....their salad was about 1 cup of lettuce with 1/3 chicken breast....my dad tacos were the size of a kids meal at taco belll (or smaller)....for a better dining experience, I recommend Mcdonald's - at least you won't 'leave starving with a rediculously large bill.

Visited June 2013
3 Thank G P
Seattle, Washington
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great golf experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Great course. Very well maintained and clean. Lots of water to get into trouble on the front nine but I think a second round would be much better once you had an idea where all the surprises were. Seemed a bit harder than the 128 slope but it is a fair hard course.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Jimboflyguy69
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“A place to play”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I enjoyed the course for its challenge and the great condition of the greens.The staff are also very friendly .I like the fact your golf cart is bought to you clean and ready to go

Visited October 2012