“dutch village” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Dutch Village Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lynden
Dutch Village Inn
Save Saved
You added Dutch Village Inn to your Saves list
655 Front St., Lynden, WA 98264-1900   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Lynden B&B and Inns
“dutch village”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

At first you get fascinated with it. A good place to just relax and do just nothing. Charming and quite place. The challenges are that you do not have a front desk and service is extremelly limited. Also, I bough some souveniers from their store I paid in cash and did not receive a receipt. I did the shopping in my way out and they offered to leave it in the room for me and so they did. When I got home, I was missing items from my purchase. I called them back and they told me that since I paid cash and have no proof of the missing item, there is nothing they could do for me. This is an small place, family owned!!! I cannot believe that for under $10 they will argue with a customer and doubt the person that just left more money in there. It was very shocking to me and changed all the good feeling I could have bring home from the place. I was planning in bringing my husband back for a just parents weekends as an special ocassion but, after this, it is just a big turn off!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Des Moines, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

Stayed Rm #3 the room was ok but the maintenance isnt geting done broken tiles around tub so we laid towells over so we wouldnt cut are hands on, broken tiles around sinks, faucets not working right, exhaust fan in restroom not working.
I think this was once a nice place but now i think it has a slum lanlord ( which is also the word around town) iam betting that is why the rest of this building which has a indoor mini mall space is almost vacant but could be the neatest place in town.
Area has great landscape, good museum, great food at Dutch Mothers, but drive to bellingham for a hotel room

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

nice people, nice place, clean, very quiet, excellent location. my place of choice if i have to do it again! thank you.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

It was a wonderful experience with great ambience! My husband & I loved how each room is decorated with a theme of the different regions of the Netherlands. We wanted the experience of staying in a windmill. Our room had a hot tub and was very romantic. The room was very clean, the bed very comfortable & the staff were wonderfu,l especially Jaime. Lynden is a small, conservative & religious town so everything is closed on Sundays. The Agricultural parade showed this community's pride in their livelihoods( altho the narrating pastor was really annoying)! Loved the Klompen Dancers and the Dutch motif!. When we had some rowdy teens partying in the parking lot across the street the Lynden police did an awesome job of dealing with them!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Sorrento BC Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

Tired of walking into a hotel and it looks like the last one you stayed in ?
Room look the same ? heres' the place for you. My wife and decided to take a spur of the moment trip [ the best kind]. We wanted a place to stop about 4 hrs from our home, so looked up Lynden for a place to stay. We were lucky enough to come across the Dutch Village Inn and liked to reviews and pictures of the rooms. I made a phone call and talked to a very nice lady and luckily room #2 was still available, so I booked it. After paying $15 for a disgusting burger in a pub in Hope BC [ wish I could remember the name so I could write a review] we crossed the border with no problems and arrived in Lynden about 3pm.
Although the girl at the desk was busy doing 3 things at once [ looking after us, making a phone reservation and looking after a store customer] she was very friendly and kept smiling [and was nicely dressed]
We were so pleased with our room that this is why I am doing this room. Fantastic is a good word. Although this is an older hotel it is obviusly well looked after. Yes there is the odd chip of paint missing or a scratch here and there but it is spotless. The TV is only a 19" but is very clear. The jacuzzi tub is fantastic and works great. I could go on and on but will close with "tired of the same old ? try this great place.

janron9
Sorrento BC
Ps. To the owner. How do you keep your butts from sliding in the jacuzzi. My wife and I would be busy chatting and enjoying our beer when I butts woulkd slide out from us. Made for some good laughs.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Arlington, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2010

My husband and I visited to celebrate our anniversary. We stayed in room #2. We loved the tub! The hotel is charming and the people are wonderful. We were pleasantly suprised with a chilled bottle of sparkling cider on our arrival. The hotel is showing it's age with minor signs of wear like chipping paint. The bed was hard. Something kept banging outside in the wind and kept us awake too. The romance of it made it worthwhile though.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Lynnwood, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2010

How many people can say they've spent the night in a real windmill? Not many -- but we're among them and had a wonderful stay at this charming, quaint hotel. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. My husband and I loved the double-wide jacuzzi (both room #2 and room #3 have one). The bed was firm but comfy and the price was right! Lynden is a charming town with scenic, country views and small-town ambience. Plenty of nice shops to peruse as your stroll the sidewalks. The Greek restaurant has great food, and do NOT miss a stop at the Dutch bakery. The almond tarts are to die for! All around, the hotel and the town are a lovely get away.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Dutch Village Inn? Share your experiences!