“Tired of the same old?” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dutch Village Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lynden
Dutch Village Inn
Save Saved
You added Dutch Village Inn to your Saves list
655 Front St., Lynden, WA 98264-1900   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Lynden B&B and Inns
Sorrento BC Canada
“Tired of the same old?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

Tired of walking into a hotel and it looks like the last one you stayed in ?
Room look the same ? heres' the place for you. My wife and decided to take a spur of the moment trip [ the best kind]. We wanted a place to stop about 4 hrs from our home, so looked up Lynden for a place to stay. We were lucky enough to come across the Dutch Village Inn and liked to reviews and pictures of the rooms. I made a phone call and talked to a very nice lady and luckily room #2 was still available, so I booked it. After paying $15 for a disgusting burger in a pub in Hope BC [ wish I could remember the name so I could write a review] we crossed the border with no problems and arrived in Lynden about 3pm.
Although the girl at the desk was busy doing 3 things at once [ looking after us, making a phone reservation and looking after a store customer] she was very friendly and kept smiling [and was nicely dressed]
We were so pleased with our room that this is why I am doing this room. Fantastic is a good word. Although this is an older hotel it is obviusly well looked after. Yes there is the odd chip of paint missing or a scratch here and there but it is spotless. The TV is only a 19" but is very clear. The jacuzzi tub is fantastic and works great. I could go on and on but will close with "tired of the same old ? try this great place.

janron9
Sorrento BC
Ps. To the owner. How do you keep your butts from sliding in the jacuzzi. My wife and I would be busy chatting and enjoying our beer when I butts woulkd slide out from us. Made for some good laughs.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Arlington, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2010

My husband and I visited to celebrate our anniversary. We stayed in room #2. We loved the tub! The hotel is charming and the people are wonderful. We were pleasantly suprised with a chilled bottle of sparkling cider on our arrival. The hotel is showing it's age with minor signs of wear like chipping paint. The bed was hard. Something kept banging outside in the wind and kept us awake too. The romance of it made it worthwhile though.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Lynnwood, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2010

How many people can say they've spent the night in a real windmill? Not many -- but we're among them and had a wonderful stay at this charming, quaint hotel. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. My husband and I loved the double-wide jacuzzi (both room #2 and room #3 have one). The bed was firm but comfy and the price was right! Lynden is a charming town with scenic, country views and small-town ambience. Plenty of nice shops to peruse as your stroll the sidewalks. The Greek restaurant has great food, and do NOT miss a stop at the Dutch bakery. The almond tarts are to die for! All around, the hotel and the town are a lovely get away.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

Staying here is truly unique, and somewhat charming. But the bed slanted towards the wall making us feel like we were falling. The whole town shuts down at 7PM except for the Greek restaurant where we were able to get a drink. The town is so empty that we were awakened at 3AM by a pack of howling coyotes running through town. The next morning the staff wasn't there so we left without getting our complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Seattle Area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2009

My wife and I decided on a last-minute getaway for our 17th anniversary and drove up to Lynden this past weekend. We had a wonderful time at this landmark. The room was great and the staff very welcoming. If you want to spend some time in the Bellingham area I recommend this hotel highly.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2009

We ended up here quite by accident and without another hotel available in the area that we could find on the Internet, only because someone else cancelled. Unfortunately we ended up with weekend pricing and they then raised the rate for two teens sons with us.

If you are coming in on Meridian from the South, note that this is not the only hotel with a windmill. This must be a big thing in the area. The first one we stopped at was pretty much the dregs and I am so glad we didn't end up there.

There are six rooms here. We ended up with room #3 which seems like the best room. It is very spacious and quiet. All rooms are on the second level.

The rooms are decorated with antiques and very attractive. The television is probably a 15 yr old model but works okay. The jaccuzi tub is large enough for two but the water is slow to fill and it is in the large bedroom/sitting room. Another room has the toilet and sink and a third has the shower and another sink.

It was a little weird getting in but all went well. The innkeeper stays on the premises and they close the office at whatever time between 6-8, though you can ring a bell and we got service quickly.

This is NOT a B&B. They used to give out $4.95 discount tickets for the cafe but it has since gone out of business.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
lullabyles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2009

We visit this charming and private Bed and Breakfast annually to celebrate the start of our relationship. It is always clean and comfortable. My only complaint is that they don't allow dogs and I love bringing the dogs on adventures. This place is a little dated but that is part of the charm. Everything works and is well maintained. There are thrift and antique shops and diners in walking distance all on Front Street. I highly suggest Dutch Mothers for a memorable meal in a memorable place at a reasonable price. Lynden is a great get-a-way place for couples or retirees.

Stayed April 2008

Been to Dutch Village Inn? Share your experiences!