“Limited menu, good burgers” 3 of 5 stars
Review of New York Pizza & Bar

New York Pizza & Bar
8874 Bender Rd, Lynden, WA WA98264 (Formerly New York Pizza and Bar)
+1 360-318-0580
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
New York Pizza & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 53 Restaurants in Lynden
Cuisines: Bar, Hamburgers, Pizza & Pasta
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Voted #1 Best Happy Hour in Lynden 3 years in a row! NYP Bar & Grill's Promise: *All of our food is made in-house, from scratch. Our pizza dough is made fresh daily using our own recipe. We make all our own pizza sauces along with most of our signature dipping sauces. *Your meal is made from honest and natural ingredients like nitrate-free, uncured pepperoni from Zoe's Meat and 100% hormone/antibiotic free beef for all burgers. We use only premium, hand crafted meats that are almost all WA State sourced and come in the most natural state available. *We care about your experience and offer a gluten free menu, a perfectly selected NW tap list for the beer obsessed, a great sports viewing environment or a family friendly experience. If we can make it, we happily will, don't be afraid to ask! *We buy local. NYP is proud to use Avenue Bread, Zoe's Meats, Isernio's sausage and Hempler's bacon. Our rotating tap list is filled with local breweries and our martinis are made with Bellewood vodka distilled right here in Lynden, WA. We love to be a part of the craft brew movement and proudly "drink local" at NYP. Established in 2008, NYP Lynden was the first to open. Two more locations would follow in Bellingham and then Seattle's Lower Queen Anne neighborhood. Located on Bender and Badger roads, a few blocks from Bender field ballparks. NYP caters to local families and is popular for groups, weekend brunch, sports viewing and an amazing happy hour. Our scratch-made, highest quality, real food comes from authentic recipes and natural, local ingredients. NYP is a little bit family restaurant, a little bit sports bar and boasts a stylish, yet unpretentious atmosphere with outstanding Northwest hospitality.
Lynden, Washington
“Limited menu, good burgers”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

If you want a tasty burger, this is the place. If you want a drink with your meal, it is also the place. Not a lot of variety in the menu and not for people who have certain dietary limitations. Lots of spicy items.

Visited February 2013

Ironton, OH
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I visited NY Pizza and Bar during lunch and was a bit leery when I walked in to find no one else in there (was about 10 minutes after 12).

The bar area server seated me and then was also my waitress.

Service was a bit slow, as if she was unable to take care of more than one table's business at a time. I was walked by several times with an empty cup being ignored.

The pizza was very nice, being a thin crust fan, I was pleased with the quality and crispness of the crust. The cheese quality was also very smooth but the pepperoni seemed a bit mild for my taste.

All in all, I would go back if I were in the mood for a good cheesy pizza.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lynden, Washington
“Good, but not a standout”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Wife and I have eaten here a few times. She likes it, but for me, it's just okay. The food is fine, and the service is just like you would expect and get at any reputable establishment. It's a safe place to eat, and you won't have a bad meal, but it's not someplace I look forward to going to.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Mount Vernon, Washington
“Eccellente!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

I am very picky about pizza having tried some of the best in Italy. So when I read a review about New York Pizza and Bar, I was suspicious. What a wonderful surprise this place turned out to be. The decor is very nice and our server was efficient and charming. The pizza's were wonderful! I had the Wall Street and my wife had the Pulled Pork. Initially, I thought the price was a bit high, but when the pizzas were delivered and we tasted them we saw why. The handmade crust is one of the best I've ever had. The toppings were fresh and plentiful and we could see that great care was taken in the preparation. Beyond the pizzas, the food and drink menus are quite extensive. We will return very soon to New York Pizza and Bar.

Bellingham, Washington
“Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I have been driving by for years, and finally as I am in a local nursing facility rehabbing after surgery, I stopped in for dinner. Was greeted by "Magic" who was very helpful in wandering thru the very large menu. The menu is diverse with Pasta, Pizza, Stromboli, salads and burgers. There are 11 taps and numerous bottles of beer. I choose pizza, the "mickey mantle" Roasted red peppers,sausage, olives, onions, and a chiffonade of fresh basil on top. They cook their pies in a Woodstone oven, which produces a heavenly thin, crisp, lightly charred pie. I had a Manhattan, which was thin tasting, and switched to whiskey shots. Magic was funny, and personable, Service was prompt and delivered with care. I really enjoyed my meal and have been back already!

• Visited July 2012