“Good food and worth a return” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Lynden, Washington
“Good food and worth a return”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I had supper at Cancun Mexican Restaurant in Lynden on 6-6-2013. I ordered the Camarones a la Diabla and my wife ordered the Azteca Burrito. As a matter of personal preference, I prefer my sauces light, and the sauce in which the prawns was served was rather thick and a lot like tomato sauce. I asked for the spicy sauce, but found it to be a medium preparation. That said, the sauce was rich, had a good number of mushrooms, and the spices although not hot were chosen well. The prawns were tender and easy to remove from the tails. My wife reported that the burrito was very tasty and too large to eat at one sitting. We took half home. The quarters were rather cramped and coming in from bright sunlight, found it dark. The atmosphere would be cozy and intimate on a dark evening. There were many customers in the restaurant and at the sidewalk tables, so the single waitperson who, I suspect, was also the owner, was kept busy. He did keep our water glasses filled despite the rush. Cancun Mexican Restaurant is worth a return.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Aldergrove
“great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

taste, taste taste, could have been back in Mexico, staff were efficient, knew what they were to do, very clean, had a very good time as waitress had a nice manner about her.

Visited March 2012
Lynden, Washington, United States
“This beats any other local Mexican food around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

Like stepping into a bit of Mexico, The Cancun restaurant has the very best in authentic taste! We frequent this cozy little place because we love Mexico and it gives us that feeling we miss. The owner is very personable with his customers and really makes them feel at home. Prices are VERY reasonable and he has a list of specialty margaritas that will blow you away!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bellingham, Washington
“Not the best”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

The service was just ok, the food was just ok. It was not a traditional Mexican food place, the food was just off. Very small restaurant so not very many people can sit together. There is seating outside and that was nice. But I think the food was over priced not very good and they charged us for lemons for our waters. Very strange. Was not impressed but may just not be for me.

• Visited September 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Lynden, Washington
“My favorite Mexican food in Lynden”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2011

We regularly eat here and it is definetely the best Mexican food in town. Very flavorful:) The restaurant is teeny tiny, so the weekends can fill out quickly:) The last thing I ordered was the Carne Asada and it was delicious! Service and refills have been slower at times but I think that it has improved.

• Visited March 2011