“We were treated horrible and set up for additional charges” 1 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lynden
Great Links Resorts
Save Saved
You added Great Links Resorts to your Saves list
4204 Meridian St, Lynden, WA   |
Ocean Shores
“We were treated horrible and set up for additional charges”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2008

I am normally not one to pitch a complaint but after our recent experiences I feel it obligatory to reveal the unfortunate sequence of events that my new wife and I endured. First off, it was a free offer to stay in a room for 2 nights and then go to a 90 minute meeting regarding the possible purchase of a condo/hotel room. This sounded perfect for my wife and I to have a getaway even though we live here in Ocean Shores. When we checked in at 11am the first thing out of the desk clerks mouth was there may be a problem, which worried my wife. The clerk just gave us a key and told us where the room was. When we got to the room the door, and our neighbors door were wide open. The room appeared clean although we had our doubts as we found 3 coats in the closet. The room was set up nice however, we liked the decor and the kitchen set up. Our room did not have a view at all. We both woke up with back aches due to the bed we believe. I woke up to surrounding noise of the apartments directly by our room. It was fence painting day come to find out. I made a pot of coffee and went to the restroom. When I came out there was coffee everywhere. The carafe didn't fit or the drip was malfunctioning. This luckily was a mess I could clean on my own and did not stain the carpet. My wife had to go into work to cover an employees shift as she is the manager/owner. I went alone to the presentation and after 20 minutes of listening to the snide discriminating comments towards me and my family to find out that they were completely stereotyping me and wanted me to reschedule the presentation. I politely got up and said I would get the number to call and reschedule as soon as we can both be there. We were able to go in 630pm Friday as agreed with the presenter/manager over the phone. I was at home and my Mother answered the phone. It was the G.L Resort saying how I was belligerent and that we lied and they are going to charge my Mom's card because we didn't do the presentation. I spoke up and said that we had just rescheduled for Friday. The manager yelled in reply that we could not do the presentation and that he was charging the card $100! This caused stress for my mother who was only holding the room for us. I realized that they never wanted to sell me a condo they just wanted to charge me for staying. I recommend to any possible buyer for these resorts to consider the fact that if the staff is this willing to harass a local business owner and then manipulate the situation into being able to charge the card, how fair are they going to be with you regardless of where you are in the world. Discrimination from your Inn is against the law and they argued the fact that they were in the right. I would rather warn than sue any day and with my knowledge of hospitality I know I was discriminated against and wish it for no one.

• Liked — It was brand new so things were nice
  • Disliked — The staff mainly. From the maids to the manager none did a good job.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Travelers are raving about these Lynden hotels

Solo
Business

Been to Great Links Resorts? Share your experiences!