“Good affordable price for a good motel on Lopez.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Lopez Islander Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lopez Island
Lopez Islander Resort
Save Saved
You added Lopez Islander Resort to your Saves list
Fisherman Bay Road, P.O. Box 459, Lopez Island, WA 98261   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Lopez Island
“Good affordable price for a good motel on Lopez.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

While traveling for work, I stayed twice at the resort. Had a nice single bed room that was very clean but a little dated. Great place for boaters and especially families as they have a great indoor pool and outdoor patio area. Food was good and well priced and basic. Helpful staff at the front desk.

Looking for a basic moderately priced place to stay on Lopez? Then this is the place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013

64 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Bothell, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We had 16 kids under 12 and a couple teen-agers. Stayed 3 nights at the Pickering House with extra people sleeping on the boat and in tents in the back yard. House was roomy, even when full of kids playing games and making a mess. It was clean when we arrived! Kitchen and bathroom were well stocked and the staff was responsive. Resort is laid back and made us feel welcome, giving the kids lots of leeway without too many rules. We all enjoyed the pool, the hot tub and the beach access. We kayaked, bicycled, took our boat in and out of the marina for crabbing and short cruises, explored the village, spent a fun afternoon at Spencer spit, had games and races in the front yard and had a lovely time. Restaurant took good care of us for our 1 big meal out. Wished the showers weren't quite so expensive and we had to pay the whole $2 amount even for a minute or two extra. Should have a place to shower before getting into the pool, because no one is going to pay $2 to shower before getting in! Sunset views were stunning. We'll be back, I'm sure.

Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I just recently had my wedding ceremony and reception at the Lopez Islander. This was where all of my guests stayed as well. The ceremony was held in the new corral on the side of the restaurant. It overlooks the water and has a spectacular view. The food was excellent, rooms were clean, and the bar service was great. The staff at the Islander went above and beyond to make sure this day was perfect for me, my husband, and our guests. They even built an arch for the ceremony! I wouldn't have chosen any other location for this day. Everything was perfect.

Room Tip: King deluxe rooms have wonderful views and very spacious. Houses are also a good value and lots of...
Vancouver, Washington, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed in the so called condo at $300 per night. Joke!
The beds were good but that's about the best part of the room.
There were only 3 channels on the TV that worked, No pots or pans to use for cooking, No DVD player, no AC, the doors to every room would not close all the way and the light switches were outside the bedrooms. The restaurant breakfast was great and the village was very close and fun to visit.

Seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

First and last for me. There are so many nice places in the San Juan Islands but this is not one of them. The staff seems to be bothered by the presence of guests. I always felt like I was imposing or in somebody's way. On more than one occasion I walked through clouds of cigarette smoke generated by a staff member smoking very near an entrance way. The middle age dock "boy" was very upset, apparently by a late arriving fuel customer, and was overheard loudly swearing his disapproval. The grounds are very dirty, the pool is scattered with debris both in and out of the water, the laundry facility was a mess, they were cleaning kitchen mats on the laundry room porch which caused the employee much frustration when I had to come and go doing laundry. We too had a band playing on their boat. Loud and not appropriate for a public place. The one jewel I did notice was the very attentive young dock boy. He was pleasant, handy, and hard working.

I can continue but will say the positive in my stay is that I am very excited to be leaving!!

Cumming, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Lopez islander is a very unique place to stay. It offers clean facilities with a restaurant on premise. We stayed in a queen room which the bath had been updated. We thought a little pricey for the room, however we did stay over the July 4 holiday. All stay was very friendly.

• Stayed July 2013
Lynnwood, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

It took 1 hour to book the room. First, they said that the double queen rooms were available. Then they said, no, it is not. Then they quoted the certain price, when I started booking they changed their mind and gave me a higher price. It was the most painful booking in the world.
One person took my name, then called me back. Then I had to talk to another person, and they asked me for my name again! Are you kidding me? it was like a game: "How Much Patience the customer will Have?" I felt like an idiot. Their excuse was that they are too busy.
I hope the stay will be better. I will update my review after we stay in this "busy" place....

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Lopez Islander Resort? Share your experiences!