“Quaint place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lopez Islander Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lopez Island
Lopez Islander Resort
Save Saved
You added Lopez Islander Resort to your Saves list
Fisherman Bay Road, P.O. Box 459, Lopez Island, WA 98261   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lopez Island
Cumming, Georgia
“Quaint place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Lopez islander is a very unique place to stay. It offers clean facilities with a restaurant on premise. We stayed in a queen room which the bath had been updated. We thought a little pricey for the room, however we did stay over the July 4 holiday. All stay was very friendly.

• Stayed July 2013

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Lynnwood, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

It took 1 hour to book the room. First, they said that the double queen rooms were available. Then they said, no, it is not. Then they quoted the certain price, when I started booking they changed their mind and gave me a higher price. It was the most painful booking in the world.
One person took my name, then called me back. Then I had to talk to another person, and they asked me for my name again! Are you kidding me? it was like a game: "How Much Patience the customer will Have?" I felt like an idiot. Their excuse was that they are too busy.
I hope the stay will be better. I will update my review after we stay in this "busy" place....

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Vero Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Clean, comfortable room with balcony and water view. Room includes large fridge and microwave for self-caterers. Large bathroom with excellent shower pressure and endless hot water. Pleasant, professional management. Excellent restaurant--also with water views--with good nightly deals (e.g., a twenty-dollar, four-course, prime rib dinner). Lopez is wonderful and so is this hotel...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Bellingham, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Dozens of us descended on these folks for a big overnight birthday party, they took excellent care of us start to finish. Fun band, comfortable rooms, great service and a view to die for. We can't wait to go back next year.

Room Tip: The suites are 3 bedroom very comfortable and private.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We had a pretty bad stay at the Islander. We had been marina guests before and loved it, and thought we'd stay with our family in the hotel this summer as our plan was to be on the island without our boat. I tried to reserve a pet-friendly room, followed up with an email confirming so, and never got a reply (see message below). When I persisted and called on the phone, I was quoted $100 for additional cleaning, which I agreed to pay. I could have switched to a less expensive pet-friendly queen room, but felt certain that the kitchenette would be important for us and so decided to pay the extra fee.

When we got to the Islander, here's what we found:
1) a room with dirty plates in the drawer, a dirty toilet (hair and debris on the seat), and crumbs on the bathroom counter
2) a microwave and mini-fridge, but no actual kitchenette items - no bowls, plates, spoons, etc. There was only a can opener in the drawer (except for the dirty plates and crumbs.)

I called the front desk and requested to have housekeeping come back to our room. Instead, the front desk person came to our room to collect the dirty plates, which I suppose the last tenant borrowed from the restaurant.

It's frustrating to have to pay additional cleaning fees for a room that wasn't clean in the first place. Also, with two small children, it would have been nice to be able to serve them meals from the room rather than having to constantly be in a restaurant.

I emailed the owners and got a reply that said, "I'll check into this. What was your room number?" I wrote back with my room number. That was three weeks ago and I've heard nothing.

Terrible service. I won't go back.

Room Tip: Everything on the second floor has a water view, so no going wrong there.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Arrived to do a bike ride. This hotel is in a good location, rooms were fairly clean and comfortable, seems they are doing a bit of upgrading. It was nice to open the door and get a cool breeze. Nice patio to sit on, the bike rentals were 2 minutes away, dinner at the restaurant was very good. A great vacation place to bring a family - they had a busy pool for children.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Vancouver. B.C.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Spent a night here recently on a mini break. We were pleased when we arrived to see our room was one of a small strip of rooms overlooking the ocean. The room was stuffy when we entered and definitely dated but once we opened up all the windows it cooled down nicely. There was a large patio out front, perfect for watching the sunset over the ocean, though we actually went down to the restaurant and bar on site. We had a delicious meal on the patio of the bar. The halibut was delicious. The view was perfect overlooking the dock and the sunset over the ocean. After dinner we were enjoying the atmosphere so much we decided to stay for a couple of drinks at the bar. They had a live band playing and we were happily surprised with them. All in all we had a great stay, my only complaint was the disgruntled woman at check in and the dated furniture (I believe the fridge is from 1970's, but the bathroom has been redone, or rather mostly redone). There is a beautiful campground behind the rooms and a covered pool to the right. This is a great place to spend some time on Lopez.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Lopez Islander Resort? Share your experiences!