“Quiet ,comfortable camping !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lopez Farm Cottages & Tent Camping

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lopez Island
Lopez Farm Cottages & Tent Camping
Save Saved
You added Lopez Farm Cottages & Tent Camping to your Saves list
Fisherman Bay Road, Lopez Island, WA 98261   |
Boise, Idaho, United States
“Quiet ,comfortable camping !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

This is a unique establishment offering small comfortable cabins and walk in campsites. The campsites we used , A and B are offered to those without pets or children, which made for a quiet peaceful experience.
These camp sites have a hot shower ( very suitable to two people with two shower heads) , clean toilet, power outlet ( for charging cell phones) Micro wave oven, and a coffee maker. Also there is a barbeque pit , and hammock.

The cabins and campsite are located 3 kms. from the ferry dock so its easy to use this site as a base location for visiting all of this islands. Note we were there in late August and the blackberries bushes were filled with plentiful ripe berries

Room Tip: Even though a campsite may cost $ 45, its still a good value !
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

42 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I want to be fair to this place. There are rave reviews, but a few mirror the feeling I got, that we (the paying guests) are there to help meet the farm payments. No particularly friendly welcome. Pretty much find your own way. Food ( the B of B&B) is found in a basket. I guess it was breakfast, but more likely a morning snack. ( No cereal, milk etc). The Wifi did not work in the cottages as advertised. ( It works in the parking lot...you can go there!!! per the proprietor.). So, people persons they are not, which is pretty well documented in other reviews.
It's a beautiful place...but so are other places on Lopez. Forget about riding road bikes to your cottage, even the parking lot...it's a thick gravel road from the highway.
So, would I stay there again. No...not unless I had to. It's such a pity, because with a little effort, and valuing the guests, it could be paradise.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed in cottage #2 and I would go back in a heartbeat. Some highlights:
1. Double showerheads - !!!!!!!!
2. Amazing comfortable soft clean bed
3. Breakfast basket every day !!!!!
4. SHEEP.
5. So quiet, peaceful, private, lots of stars, beautiful and relaxing - even the deer and bunnies are mellow, just grazing in the field
6. The hot tub nestled under the trees
7. The house was warm inside despite the chilly nights
I absolutely love this place and I think you will too. Can't wait to come back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We make camping at Lopez farm cottages an annual adventure. Some of what others have indicated they didn't care for make me like the place. Never see the owners? I'm happy to be left to our own devices and not watched over. Potentially persnickety owner -- hey, adds to the sense of adventure and I've yet to have a negative encounter. No tv? I don't really need to speak to that one, do I?
Fantastic location for taking your bike on the ferry adn

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We had a great time camping at Lopez Farms. We stayed in campsite B which shares a bathroom and shower with 2 other campsites. Campsites A-C are nice because they are far from the gravel road and parking which keeps them quiet, but this also means that you have to wheel your stuff all that way. The campsites are roomy and they provide a small side table and 2 chairs. The highlight of the campsites is definitely the relaxing hammock.

The location is nice being close to town and not too far from driving to most of Lopez attractions. The down side is that you’re not really walking distance to any beaches.

One complaint I have is that there is only 1 shared picnic table in the general area for the 3 campsites instead of each campsite having its own.

In the cleanliness department I would give the bathroom and shower 5 stars, but the small table, chairs, and shared picnic table 1 star. It looks like they hadn't been wiped down at all this year. I leaned back to relax in the chair and ended up with bird poop on my shirt.

I would stay at Lopez Farm again even though it was kind of expensive for camping.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I knew I would like this place from the photos on the web but not only did I like it I LOVED IT! If I ever want to run away from home this is where I would run to. The cottages are situated off the beaten path in a grove of evergreen trees. In the morning and evenings there are regular visitors...DEER grazing in the pasture in front and behind the cottage. The outside of the cottage is quite cute but the inside is unbelievable....fireplace, very comfy bed, shower with dual heads, hardwood floors, cedar ceiling. And to top it off a continental breakfast is delivered every day!

Lopez Island is laid back. The residents are very friendly in that every motorist waves to you! If you want to get away from it all and decompress...head to Lopez Island!

Room Tip: There are 5 cottages...cottages 2-5 are lined up in a row. Cottage 1 is larger and is in a separate...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Portland, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My boyfriend and I decided to spend 4th of July on Orcas last summer, but needed a place to stay one extra night until our house rental opened up. Orcas was completely booked, so I found Lopez Farm Cottages on nearby Lopez Island. First of all, Lopez is SO gorgeous, and a really beautiful place to vacation. Secondly, the Farm Cottages were fantastic - we stayed in one of their tent sites. The sites were just secluded enough, very accessible, and the scenery and surroundings were phenomenal!! We bought some groceries and went down to the communal grill/outdoor kitchen area to hang out with our fellow campers. Everyone staying there was really friendly, and one guy who brought his mandolin entertained us by the fireside with his music. At one point, it started raining, but then as soon as it cleared up, a huge double rainbow appeared across the field where sheep were grazing. It was magical. (I'll have to see if I can find some of my photos from the trip. I know we snapped some of the rainbows.) I cannot say enough good things about this place. I look forward to returning (and actually hope I can convince my boyfriend to just stay on Lopez instead of going to Orcas this year). Thanks, Lopez Farm Cottages!! Your rock.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Lopez Farm Cottages & Tent Camping? Share your experiences!