“Nice Showers for Camping!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lopez Farm Cottages & Tent Camping

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lopez Island
Lopez Farm Cottages & Tent Camping
Fisherman Bay Road, Lopez Island, WA 98261   |
Seattle, Washington
“Nice Showers for Camping!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We had a great time camping at Lopez Farms. We stayed in campsite B which shares a bathroom and shower with 2 other campsites. Campsites A-C are nice because they are far from the gravel road and parking which keeps them quiet, but this also means that you have to wheel your stuff all that way. The campsites are roomy and they provide a small side table and 2 chairs. The highlight of the campsites is definitely the relaxing hammock.

The location is nice being close to town and not too far from driving to most of Lopez attractions. The down side is that you’re not really walking distance to any beaches.

One complaint I have is that there is only 1 shared picnic table in the general area for the 3 campsites instead of each campsite having its own.

In the cleanliness department I would give the bathroom and shower 5 stars, but the small table, chairs, and shared picnic table 1 star. It looks like they hadn't been wiped down at all this year. I leaned back to relax in the chair and ended up with bird poop on my shirt.

I would stay at Lopez Farm again even though it was kind of expensive for camping.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

39 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Houston, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I knew I would like this place from the photos on the web but not only did I like it I LOVED IT! If I ever want to run away from home this is where I would run to. The cottages are situated off the beaten path in a grove of evergreen trees. In the morning and evenings there are regular visitors...DEER grazing in the pasture in front and behind the cottage. The outside of the cottage is quite cute but the inside is unbelievable....fireplace, very comfy bed, shower with dual heads, hardwood floors, cedar ceiling. And to top it off a continental breakfast is delivered every day!

Lopez Island is laid back. The residents are very friendly in that every motorist waves to you! If you want to get away from it all and decompress...head to Lopez Island!

Room Tip: There are 5 cottages...cottages 2-5 are lined up in a row. Cottage 1 is larger and is in a separate...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Portland, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My boyfriend and I decided to spend 4th of July on Orcas last summer, but needed a place to stay one extra night until our house rental opened up. Orcas was completely booked, so I found Lopez Farm Cottages on nearby Lopez Island. First of all, Lopez is SO gorgeous, and a really beautiful place to vacation. Secondly, the Farm Cottages were fantastic - we stayed in one of their tent sites. The sites were just secluded enough, very accessible, and the scenery and surroundings were phenomenal!! We bought some groceries and went down to the communal grill/outdoor kitchen area to hang out with our fellow campers. Everyone staying there was really friendly, and one guy who brought his mandolin entertained us by the fireside with his music. At one point, it started raining, but then as soon as it cleared up, a huge double rainbow appeared across the field where sheep were grazing. It was magical. (I'll have to see if I can find some of my photos from the trip. I know we snapped some of the rainbows.) I cannot say enough good things about this place. I look forward to returning (and actually hope I can convince my boyfriend to just stay on Lopez instead of going to Orcas this year). Thanks, Lopez Farm Cottages!! Your rock.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Have camped here 2 of the last 3 years. This place is great and worth the fee as you have a better camping experience than the public parks.

The location is great, just 2.7 miles from the ferry and 1.2 miles to Lopez Village. This is a great place to bike to- leave your can at the parking areas in ANAcortes and jump on the ferry without waiting!

The campsites have nice tent platforms, two Adirondack chairs, and a small table. There are 10 sites total, first come, first served.

The camping service building as 4 restrooms, 2 with spacious showers. Everything is kept clean. There are several picnic tables under the shelter, a large fireplace, and information about the island. Sometimes the shelter seemed a bit crowded as there was a group that just seemed to hang out there all day and night. There is a new bocce ball pit.

Room Tip: All campsites are decent, get there early so that you can get a better choice.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

They make camping fun, easy and COMFORTABLE!!! It's just how the describe it on their website. This was my girlfriends first time to go camping so I thought this would be the best way to break her in. I rented one of their camp nest which basically is a campsite all set up for you. Comes with a nice and spacious clean tent, inside the tent is a comfortable queen size bed with two pillows and a blanket. On the outside there were two lounge chairs, a small table, two coolers and a plastic bin to store anything you want to keep dry but not inside the tent. The amenities is what sold me... especially this would be the first time for my girlfriend. They provided showers with hot water, each shower room had two shower heads, fire place, grills, sink, clean bathrooms with running water and nice relaxing atmosphere. The campsites were nice because there was enough growth so that you weren't looking across at your neighbors and were spread out nicely. Ohh, another good thing, well can be depending on your situation. They don't allow kids under 14yrs old so it was SOOOOO QUIET!!! On the phone, the owner told us everything is self service, check in and out on your own... but we happened to bump into him on check-in day... he was a nice, funny and sarcastic guy and actually remember my name and the conversation we had over the phone. You can tell he's there to offer the place to enjoy and not a full "customer service five star" hotel just because he has the "what you see is what you get" straight forward personality that doesn't put up with much bs. Overall, it was a great experience. My gf loved it, though I had to warn her that camping isn't always this nice and comfy and comes with hot water for a bath. I would definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bend, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

This was our third visit/stay at Lopez Farm Cottages. It was great! The cottages are very nice. The bed was okay. We had friends in three of the other cottages. They had issues with the hot water not working correctly. It was quickly fixed for them. We rode bikes each day, barbequed in the evenings, and relaxed. We also picked strawberries from Crowfoot Farms....yummy! We will be back again. Thank you!

Room Tip: All of the cottages are nice!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

Came here originally in 2010, and we came back again for our honeymoon. Stay more than one night if you can. I've only stayed in cottage #1, love the private hot tub. But they all seem pretty great. We had friends that stayed in cottage #2 and loved it. Last time we never saw the staff, this time we did, but it's no big deal. The breakfast basket is lovely. Not quite a meal but enough to fill you up for an early dinner or late lunch. I love the solitude, and the no host appeal. Self check in is easy. But I prefer to be alone and not bothered. The only suggestion I have...the bathroom is starting to look a little worn in cottage #1. I'd love to see it be a little more "pretty" and a little less plain. But really, that's just a mere suggestion.

Room Tip: If you want to park near the cottage, or want as much privacy as possible choose cottage #1. Otherwi...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Lopez Farm Cottages & Tent Camping? Share your experiences!