“Overrated?” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Kalama, Washington
“Overrated?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I agree with John W about the beer cheese soup reminding me of Velveeta. The service was okay at best. I could have made the pastrami sandwich at home for far less than $9 and I only ate one bite. The rest was taken home for the pup. My husband's club was good. We won't be ordering the potato salad again. The claim chowder was fabulous though. I would highly recommend that. All in all, our lunch cost about $30 and I didn't feel it was worth it. I actually liked Parker's lunch better, but they've left town. We'll give it another try though with choices being what they are. Maybe we just need to figure out our favorites.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Longview, Washington
“Downtown Longview favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Classic art deco site in downtown Longview. Great food, friendly service. Also known as Cow Deli. Beer cheese soup is great.

Visited August 2012
Texas
“Nice find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We were in town because of vehicle problems and where looking for a lunch place. We used our GPS to look for a deli and came across this restaurant. We really lucked out! The atmosphere was interesting - a big open space. A little cold but OK. Service was efficient and fast. The menu had all of the usual items and some very creative items. The food was very fast, hot and good. The cost was also very reasonable. We would definately recommend this restaurant and would go back again if we find ourselves in the area.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Longview, Washington
“Good but dull”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Ate lunch. Don't eat the beer cheese soup unless you like to drink velveeta. Friendly service. Salads and sandwiches are fine. I hear that the Dinner service is better.

Visited August 2012
Kelso, Washington
“Beer cheese soup”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Love this restaurant for lunch. Beer cheese soup is fantastic. The home made bread and there sandwiches are great. Staff could be a little more friendly, but all in all is a good lunch destination.