“Quiet and Nice Staff” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 9 Long Beach B&B and Inns
Portland, Oregon
“Quiet and Nice Staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2009

I stayed at this location based upon the recommendations at Trip Advisor. The staff was super nice!! The hotel is off the main road - quiet and a luxury in this town. You can hear the ocean from the rooms but you're not on the beach. Apparently the hotel is under new ownership and they are making investments to update the facilities. They painted the front office and are in the process of purchasing new fitness equipment. The rooms have Direct TV plus microwaves, frig and coffee pot. The rooms are also spacious and clean but definitely dated - and I mean really, really dated. Hopefully the new owner can fix them up in the future.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2009

Our Place at the Beach is where I always stay when I visit Long Beach. It's economical, warm, clean, comfortable, quiet and pleasant. Its view of beach pines and dunes is beautiful and soothing and it provides easy access to the beach, the Discovery Trail, and the attractions and restaurants of Long Beach. I look forward to many more stays at Our Place at the Beach.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
tyli07
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

My husband and I decided to take a nice ocean trip for our anniversary. We found this hotel and it was the most affordable 'decent' hotel near the ocean. We got there and while it's small, it's perfectly located. It was no more than a few minutes from the roaring ocean. The room was spacious and it had a mini fridge, a microwave, and a coffee maker (with coffee and tea and all the extras). The room itself was cute. The walls weren't white or tan like most other hotels. They were a bright light blue. It was perfect for us. They also offered free internet which was good because we brought along a laptop. They offered breakfast in the morning but we didn't get any as we were slept in and/or went down to the ocean early. They also had a gym/spa facility which we didn't get a chance to use. We weren't there very long and wanted to see the ocean as much as possible. At night with the window open slightly you can hear the ocean waves. Wonderful way to fall asleep. It was a nice quiet place to stay in. Also very easy to find. I would stay there again any time.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
portland, or
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2008

The couple that run this place, are extremely nice and helpful. I wasnt able to check in until almost 1 a.m. but they stayed up and checked me in, even though the office closed around 10:00. I had no problem getting the extra's that I needed, like pillows. My room had 5 windows, it was amazing. Would I say the room was nice. It wasnt the Hilton, but it was typical beach room. It was very clean and roomy. My room had a fridge and a microwave, which made it easy for me to do microwave meals and save money.

For the money, this place is an excellant place to stay! I will be back!

• Liked — I felt safe, as a single woman staying by myself.
  • Disliked — I have no complaints
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2008

I was looking for an affordable but "decent" place on the beach close to Astoria, Oregon. After a lot of scouting around (reading reviews on TripAdvisor) I picked this place. Overall it was satisfactory. It is a simple place, somewhat rustic. But it was clean, the bed was comfortable and it was very quiet. There is no AC in the rooms. If you need it, you can get a fan. However, I assume that if it gets hot (occasionally it happens) it might get quite warm in the room. The rooms have a small fridge and a microwave. Only some have screens on the windows which is a problem. I specifically requsted that and was lucky to have it as there MANY very aggresive mosquitos. The beach requires some walking but once there one has a bicycle or walking path that goes for 28 miles along the beach, a very wide one. Long Beach is a small town but quite friendly. The hotel served coffee and some pastry for breakfast.

• Liked — Very quiet location
  • Disliked — The mosquitos
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
York, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2008

My wife and I, as well as, another couple spent one night in one of the two bedroom suites. The furniture is a little dated, but everything was very clean and it's hard to beat the price for the location.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2008

We stay here just for one night in June. upstairs - no aircond but none needed -- very cool and nice at night with windows open. Friendly and helpful staff. Bed was a king and was OK -- shower was good with hot water and nice thick towels.
Coffee and refrig was a nice touch. TV/Cable worked fine.
I would stay here again and would recommend anytime.

• Liked — value
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Our Place at the Beach? Share your experiences!