We stayed in room 121 for 4 nights in August. The room was very clean, the bed and pillows were extra firm (which we like).
I think my expectations were a little high after reading the great reviews online. Sorry if I seem too critical: the clothing rod partially hung over the bed so my husband bumped into our clothes when walking on his side of the bed. The room overall seemed too small; I would check in the future to see if there was a bigger room. We had the bottom windows open all of the time, which was fine, but the big windows were fogged up in the morning when we opened the drapes so we couldn't see out. We could hear the water running when people flushed the toilet upstairs. The property could use some minor updates and repairs, although this wasn't a huge problem. Oh, and a bowl of apples or maybe an additional bread item for the continental breakfast might be nice.
The owners were super nice, both on the phone and through emails. I appreciated the great communication. Next time we might have a dog, so it will be nice to go where it's welcome.
Thanks for listening.
- Also Known As:
- Our Place At The Beach Hotel Long Beach
- Our Place At The Beach Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the best reviewed hotels in Long Beach. Although there are some that will never be happy, Our Place at the Beach is consistently at the top of the customer reviews. Our comparatively low/budget prices along with our clean rooms, friendly staff and quiet location make the hotel one of the best kept secrets on the Peninsula. We offer a variety - budget to large family rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Our Place at the Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.