“Some minor issues but would return” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Boardwalk Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Long Beach
Boardwalk Cottages
You added Boardwalk Cottages to your Saves list
800 Ocean Beach Boulevard South, Long Beach, WA 98631   |
Ranked #3 of 9 Long Beach B&B and Inns
Auburn
“Some minor issues but would return”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

We just returned from a two-night stay at Boardwalk Cottages. Upon arrival Claire, who was very personable, showed us to our room and explained the workings. She also advised us the outdoor hot tub was closed due to maintenance and that the owners were on vacation so no breakfast goods would be available. We weren't planning on using the outdoor hot tub but I believe it would have been a common courtesy to advise guest, prior to arrival, to these issues. The room itself was clean and comfortable, provided us with a pleasant nights rest. Unfortunately, we left the room around 1030, returning around 3 pm and our room had not been serviced. The in-room hot tub was enjoyed by my husband each night. We didn't use the shower because it looked quite small. The small refrigerator came in handy for keeping drinks cold. A microwave in the room was useful to heat up water for the hot chocolate packets and microwave popcorn that are provided. The in-room fireplace provides heat and ambience but starts with a roar. We thoroughly enjoyed the room and the properties location but we're disappointed with the few things mentioned. We would however consider staying again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Portland OR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

I booked here for two nights using a Living Social coupon.

Pros - overall cleanliness of the cottage, great location, comfy beds, kitchenette with full size fridge, dvd player, easy of checking in, big thumbs up for the hot tub!

Cons - the size of the shower is maybe 3 ft by 3 ft. You can't take a shower without touching either the walls or the shower curtain (yuck). It felt a lot like an RV shower which isn't really what I'm looking for when on a vacation that doesn't include camping. Additionally, the bedroom closest to the bathroom doesn't have enough space to really be able to walk around the far side of the bed. This was a factor when trying to get out in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and not wanting to climb over someone sleeping.

Overall - I thoroughly enjoyed the hot tub but honestly don't thnk I'd stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Bremerton, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Just spent 5 days at the Boardwalk Cottages in Long Beach, Washington. It was awesome. They are perfectly located near the beach, shopping, movie theater and anything thing else on your "to do" list while you're there. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. We stayed in the "starfish" cottage. Perfect for two people. Queen size bed, flat screen TV, DVD/VCR, movies you can "borrow" during your stay. Had a nice little kitchenette if you feel the need to save a little money by eating in. The owner even bakes fresh muffins or scones in the morning, The cranberry scones were delicious. We will definitely be back. Hopefully soon!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Spanaway, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

My husband and I stayed in the Sea Perch at the Boardwalk Cottages. It was so cozy and decorated in that beachy theme. We both loved it. The owner bakes muffins and pastries every morning. Our first morning we had the best blueberry muffin I ever tasted. Then the next morning we had an orange scone that was delicious. You just go to the office and she has it all there, hot and ready, in a cute little basket to take back to your cottage. It was nice to have the kitchenette for hot chocolate or hot apple cider, which is in the cupboard in your room. We could just walk to all the shops, which were a block away. Also, they are right across from the Neptune Theater if you want to catch a movie. We will definitely be back for some more razor clamming and shopping.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Sea Perch, which was one of the smaller rooms. The flat screen TV was small but su...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Three couples spent Thanksgiving here, each in our own little cottage. We were all very pleased.
What I liked:
Cleanliness: everything is immaculately clean and fresh
Tasteful decor: the "beachy" theme is done well with simple white interiors, beadboard, touches of pretty fabrics, attractive art and simple, comfortable furniture. Nothing ugly, kitschy or over the top.
Places to put stuff: despite the small size of the cottages there are sturdy hooks everywhere. Each bedroom has shelves and hangars. The bathroom shelf is generous and even the shower boasted a place for shampoo, etc.
Linens and towels: Sparkling white, fresh and clean. Beds were great.
Morning treats: every morning there was something homemade and fresh from the oven: cinnamon rolls, scones, blueberry muffins…coffee and tea are in every cottage. A lovely way to begin the day.
Location: The Boardwalk Cottages are between the main street and the beach. You can walk everywhere but their charm and quiet belie their proximity to the Long Beach attractions. There is even a movie theater directly across the street - nice on a rainy winter day. Of course it is also centrally located on the Long Beach Peninsula, so it's a perfect base camp for the entire area.
Staff: Super friendly and accommodating.

A truly lovely choice.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Lummi Island, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We are staying for our second time here, and like it even more than our first visit several years ago. First of all, the cottages here, while completely restored old beach cottages, are immaculate. The floors are new laminates, the walls and trim are freshly painted, the kitchen and bath appear to have newly renovated fixtures. Best of all, this is a totally pet free, and smoke free establishment! No fleas, ticks, and dander, or smelly smoke residue! The owner prepares morning "goodies" for all guests, to start the day. The prices are reasonable, and they offer "specials" for extended stays, which we took advantage of. We love coming here to experience winter ocean storms, and weren't disappointed. We will be back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Bremerton, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I had researched this place before I went down, but when I got there it was a last minute decision to stay. The owner was very helpful, giving me a discount and recommendations on a different place to eat than where I normally go. I liked the clean, comfortable bed, and honestly, of the three nights I was on the road, it was the best sleep I had gotten. The refrigerator actually kept my soda cold and I noticed the kitchen was well stocked had I been prepared for that. I didn't use the TV or DVD player, as I had brought my own CD player, but the chairs were comfortable and the decor was perfect for a beach property. The location is great, just off the main drag, and close to town and also only a few block walk to the beach. The muffin in the morning was a treat. I'm sure I will be back!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Been to Boardwalk Cottages? Share your experiences!