“Wonderful stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inn at Discovery Coast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Long Beach
Inn at Discovery Coast
You added Inn at Discovery Coast to your Saves list
421 11th Street Southwest, Long Beach, WA 98631   |
Ranked #2 of 9 Long Beach B&B and Inns
Washington
“Wonderful stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is right on the beach with an amazing view. We loved the rustic industrial feel. We had a corner room with a jacuzzi tub & a very small shower. If you want a nice shower get the middle rooms (brother in law had one & it had an amazing shower). There is a do not use time for the jacuzzi & we discovered why in the morning when the people below us turned there's on & we could hear the rumble the entire time, not terrible but I can see why they have the quiet time for sleeping u disturbed. Free use of beach bikes are included so we went on a wonderful ride through the dunes. A breakfast basket was included & it is very small, good coffee & a few free snacks in the armoire. I enjoyed my little snack of a breakfast on the balcony. Oh & the fireplace was lovely, we actually opened the windows a little to hear the waves better & had a toasty fire going. We ate dinner at the restaurant in the neighboring hotel & enjoyed that as well. There was a live band playing when we were there.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Bremerton, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

We spent a few days this winter before Christmas at Inn at Disocvery Coast and it was blissful. We had beautiful weather but the location and the hotel was the prize. It was simply relaxing and very romantic. We woke every morning with a wonderful organic basket of goodies for breakfast to start our day. Plus the soaps and lotions were all organic along with the little mini bar.....love that its an organic hote! The best view I have seen at the ocean.....sunsets, fishing boats, crisp frosting waving grasses on the bluff...simply gorgeous. We took full advantage of the bikes and rode the length of the discovery trail.....so much fun!! We enjoyed a jacuzi every night after a full day of exploring and beach walking. The bed was heaven and we had to tear ourselves out of it each day. We had a very memorable mini vacation and a very special place and will be returning. Thank you Inn at Discovery Coast for thinking of everything to make such a perfect stay!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
PDX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

I just spent a mini-weekend there mid-winter with my dog. This was supposed to be a romantic trip with a significant other but we split and the management allowed me to reschedule. I was absolutely delighted with the atmosphere of Adrift where I checked in. It was cozy, cool, and fun. When I went to my room at the inn it was even better than expected. It smelled amazingly good and was beautifully decorated. Everything in the room was very comfortable and a perfect combination of being luxurious and rustic. My dog had a fantastic time running on the beach and I had a wonderful time soaking in the tub, snuggling in the bed, and lounging by the fire. Dinner at the Pickled Fish wasn't gourmet but I really enjoyed meeting other guests and listening to the live music and was happy to have lots of leftovers for a light night snack, augmentation to the lovely breakfast basket, and even lunch. The service was wonderful, very friendly while completely non-intrusive. My "romantic" get-away was a huge success, I would definitely come here again, and I would recommend it to anyone!

Room Tip: I stayed in room #1 at the inn and loved having the corner windows. I hear the view is even better...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

This place was gorgeous, relaxing, and romantic. I had lots of questions, which were answered by very helpful staff via email and phone. I was booking for our anniversary and without asking, there was a long stemmed rose waiting for us on the bed. The lady at the front desk was very polite when we were checking in, despite the fact that we had just come from a four day backpackingtrip in the Olympics and looked like young, homeless travelers. The bed and bath were luxious, our second floor corner room was very quiet, and the gas fire was warm enough to leave on and open the window to hear the sea breeze. We enjoyed the bikes, the beach, and the Pickled Fish. The bartender made me a special drink, and we enjoyed Harry Potter from the free movie rental. Thank you for an incredible stay!

Room Tip: The corner suite's view is stunning, and the seared salmon and crab mac and cheese at the Pickle...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

My wife and I had reservations for 3 nites this week at Inn at Discovery Coast in Long Beach, WA.
I can down with a nasty case of the intestinal Flu. We missed the first nite as I was still ill. This morning my wife called and explained the situation to the manager. In spite of their 7 day cancellation policy, the manager told my wife that if we wanted to reschedule today that we would only loose out on one nite, instead of three!!!! So we rescheduled for next week.
Patrick Johnson

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
denver, colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Be sure to stay at the Inn rather than the adjacent Adrift hotel sister property Top floor is quietest, fabulous ocean view from all Inn rooms
No elevator Dogs only OK on first floor: still, dog- friendly
Great relatively inexpensive great food great value restaurant best in town Pickled Fish on top floor of Adrift hotel also has live music most nights Walking and bicycling path out your door, beach right there, walk 2 blocks to town Breakfast basket with scones, fruit, juice daily at 0830 delivered to room Suspect crowded in summer, nice in September tho

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

This hotel had everything to accomodate that perfect romantic getaway! It's a smaller sized hotel, isolated from it's parent hotel (Adrift). All the rooms in this hotel is ocean view and I believe it's the only hotel on the coast closest to the beach! Adrift hotel is a high traffic area as the main drag is a popular entrance/exit to the beach and most people is stopping into their restaurant upstairs (Pickled Fish) to enjoy some good eatery while listening to nightly live music! Discovery Inn is great because you can enjoy the ammenities at Adrift than go back to the secluded Discovery Inn hotel within walkling distance. The rooms are spacious with that modern cabin feel and the corner rooms contain a large hot tub with jets that fits two people! Every morning, they drop off a basket of organic fruits, bread and OJ. I like that this hotel caters to a healthier diet as well as they support their local farms. Being a bit closer to the beach than most hotels on Long Beach, you can definitely step out of your balcony and enjoy the scenery that much closer. One advise is that I would recommend trying to grab a room on the third floor. We stayed on the second floor and you can hear walking noise upstairs pretty badly. I believe even tip-toeing could be heard as well. Based on other reviews on here about thin ceilings, may I suggest getting a room on the third floor. If we had the third floor, I would've rated this hotel 5 stars.

Room Tip: Get a room on the third floor to avoid any ceiling noise. Rooms on the corner have a 2 person jetted...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Inn at Discovery Coast? Share your experiences!