“My new hotel!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Richland, Washington
“My new hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

For the review scanners- This is where I am going to stay from now on when I visit LB -if they have a vacancy.

First off, Josh is totally cool. Spent some time telling us about himself, LB and the places we needed to visit while we were there. The hangman cost me three bucks and LB Roasters is Excellent I have only stayed at this hotel once and will be basing my rating from the one room in which I have stayed.

Normally, I'm VERY picky when I rate- Josh was very personable and his personality is boosting the rating I'm giving his hotel. Seriously- excellent service!

Pros: Good price for the area and, as the rooms have recently been remodeled, most everything is new. Of course, Josh is a pro. Fifty-cent Pepsi machine! Complimentary DVD's and (I believe) player (we arrived late enough that we were interested in sleep- not movies). The bathroom has excellent lighting and the bright-white paint makes everything feel clean and sterile which is good when you're fresh out of the shower (which had good pressure, drainage but typical mediocre milled hotel soap).

Cons: Even with all of the remodeling, some of the details have been overlooked- small things like pencil lines on the wall around the bath surround, nails in the wainscot that haven't been countersunk, caulked and painted, trim butt-spliced rather than overlapping- but nothing that makes this a bad hotel. Bathroom mirror shelf sloping down so things fall off of it, table with one leg that's a little too short. I viewed this hotel as a work in progress and I can totally respect the amount of time and effort they are investing to make this a nice place to stay. There is still some work to be done, but I have no doubt that they will accomplish their goals.

Josh and Wife (never got her name) bought the hotel about a year ago and have been fixing it up. Their sign on the main drag in LB is somewhat hard to spot and the outside of the hotel isn't fancy- neither are the rooms. This is not a high-end hotel. Most aspects of the room have been remodeled using relatively inexpensive materials- even so, I'm sure thousands went into each room for the upgrades and overall, the rooms are nice.

I want to thank Josh for treating us like friends from the moment he answered the phone when I called to see if they had a room available. Again, this one visit has made this hotel "My" hotel in LB.

Room Tip: Ask Josh- he won't steer you wrong!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Owner at The #1 Coastal Inn and Suites, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback here. We take into consideration all comments and appreciate the opportunity to improve our service and better accommodate our guests. We look forward to having you back to the #1 Coastal Inn and Suites!

The Innkeepers

58 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

We stayed one night mid-week during an impromptu visit to the coast. We called ahead for pricing and availability after randomly selecting a place on Google. When Josh gave us the price for a double, we were very skeptical but stopped by anyway.

What a find! I'll be honest, it doesn't look like much from the outside due to renovations in process, but I was impressed when I saw the room. Obviously, it's not a five star hotel, but it's cute, very clean, and well priced.

This place would be perfect for a romantic getaway, an extended stay when on vacation, or even just to pull of and sleep for a night. We followed all of Josh's suggestions on where to eat, where to get the best coffee, and what to see for fun- none of it was disappointing!

If this Guy's just in it for the money, he hides it well. If every business owner took this kind of pride in their establishment, there'd be no need for reviews! We will definitely be back.

• Stayed June 2012
Dear Guest,

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to having you back again. Our goal is to continually improve the service we provide, and we appreciate your forbearance as we work to improve our Inn as well. Thank you for the chance to earn your business, and we hope to see you again soon!

The Innkeepers
#1 Coastal Inn and Suites
Vancouver, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

Some girlfriends and I recently spent a few nights here for a Girl's Getaway weekend. What fun it was! The corner suite we stayed in had more than enough room for the four of us, and the owners even brought up an extra cot. Having the full kitchen with which to cook our own meals was probably our favorite feature. Even though this hotel sits right on the main street, our room was very quiet and provided ample room for rest and relaxation, with plenty of natural light flooding through the windows. Josh and Kristin, the owners, were so friendly and accommodating! Hot coffee and waffles in the morning was a fun treat to look forward to, as was the free use of their covered Surrey bike. Venturing across the street to the chowder house, we chatted up the owner and even she praised the hotel owners. Everyone in this little town speaks highly of them, and so do I! Plus you just can't beat the price and proximity to the water. I would highly recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Coastalinn, Owner at The #1 Coastal Inn and Suites, responded to this review, April 4, 2012
We're so glad you enjoyed your stay and thank you so much for the compliments! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you and your group in the future!
Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

My son and I just got back from 5 nights at The Coastal Inn for spring break. What a nice place! The owners are great, the room we stayed in was clean, bright and pleasant, there's an empty lot right next door for dog facilities (they ask that you pick up after them, of course), and the location is right downtown about 2 blocks from the beach. Though a smaller room with 2 queen beds, the furniture had plenty of space to put stuff, so the floor could be left open. It's an older hotel, so bring your noisemaker if you are a light sleeper (quiet time is after 10:00, but try telling that to a storm ;). Some of the little things that added up to make for a wonderful stay, in no particular order:

-Fantastic water pressure and a seemingly endless supply of hot water
-Fitted sheets, with the top sheet and blanket actually tucked in nice and tight like home
-Use of the surrey bike
-Waffles in the office in the morning - my son got to make his own, so he liked that
-A mini-fridge that was one of the larger kind that actually keeps your food cold and makes ice
-Towels folded into cute animals when they service the room
-Pillow covers under the pillow case that keep the pillows clean - great for allergy sufferers
-Cute key ring for the room, I know it's a little thing, but it makes you smile

Taken individually, some of these things might not seem like much to some, but together, it is clear that the owners pay attention to detail and understand that it's those little things that can make a real difference. We've stayed in hotels that lose sight of that, so we really appreciated the difference. Josh, the owner, is really nice and very helpful with suggestions of places to go and things to do. All in all, a great vacation - I highly recommend The Coastal Inn!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the great review, we're very happy you enjoyed your stay at the Coastal Inn. We do our very best to add little things that make everyone's stay enjoyable.
Vancouver, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

My husband and I took a weekend to go visit some friends that live out at the beach, we were met with incredible accommodations, wonderful prices and ample opportunity to enjoy the sites the whole time we were there. The inn keepers are wonderful people and we really enjoyed our stay with them. They were able to suggest some great ideas of how to enjoy our time in Long beach and to top it off the weather was so nice!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Coastalinn, Owner at The #1 Coastal Inn and Suites, responded to this review, March 16, 2012
It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we're happy you enjoyed yourself. We appreciate the compliments and will continue to recommend the same restaurants and sights!
Thanks!!
Redmond, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

My friend and I stayed in The Coastal Inn for a night and it was wonderful. Josh the owner gave us a map and directions to all the places we would like to check out and even which restraunts to eat out at. After we officially checked out, he even still let us borrow his "Trolly Bike" to take and ride on the fun discovery trail near the board walk.:) The general sincerity of the spectacular service we received made for a great stay! We would both recommend it to other friends- and plan to go back soon.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Coastalinn, Owner at The #1 Coastal Inn and Suites, responded to this review, March 9, 2012
It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we're happy you enjoyed yourself. We hope your road trip went well and we look forward to seeing you guys again the future.
Olympia, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

I chose this hotel because it was in close proximity to the downtown core of Long Beach, WA near Marsh's Museum, which is where my daughter & I wanted to take her daughter a.k.a. "girls trip". The reservation process was easy and the manager/owner promptly answered all my questions via email. This helped us determine what room to choose. We picked an upstairs kitchen unit as we wanted room to cook a meal. The unit was very spacious and had a full kitchen, dining area, couch in one room and a separate bedroom/bathroom with a very comfortable king sized bed. Our room overlooked the main drag plus had a couple comfortable chairs in the bedroom along with another table and desk. In the a.m., my granddaughter & I walked a couple blocks (if even that!) to a fun little coffee shop on Pacific Ave. called Long Beach Coffee Roasters. If we'd had the time we would have hung out there for a while, it was comfortably set up to lounge. There was local artist's work there and I bought a mug with a painting on it by Don Nisbett. Apparently he has a gallery in Ilwaco, WA that we will have to visit on another trip. Even though our room was on the main drag, it was pretty quiet. We walked to town several times and came back to our room to unload or refuel. The owners seem to be still in the midst of putting finishing touches on the place as they'd bought it and had been remodeling it after the place sat vacant for a while. We noticed there was a brand new laminate floor in the living areas (yay - no nasty carpet) but nails stuck out of the wall in odd places almost like there had been pictures there, or perhaps they were planning on hanging something up. Nothing dangerous, just seemed like slightly unfinished. It didn't interfere with our stay, everything seemed in order especially considering the price for the unit. I think we originally were charged $109 at the time for this nice unit, but we brought in the coupon from their website and were credited $10 off. The manager/owner went out of their way to do this for me as I didn't have the coupon originally when I went in to register. Nice folks, I hope their venture continues to do well. A clean hotel is always needed & appreciated by travelers like me! We would recommend it and would go back.

Room Tip: Upstairs kitchen unit, 1st one from the end is where we stayed.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to The #1 Coastal Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!