My 5 star rating isn't because Akari Bungalows is the equivalent of a 5 star resort.These are older cottages, so expect all the little quirks that come with aging buildings and layers upon layers of paint. The rating is based on the pure fun we had staying there and how it fit exactly what we needed for a beach trip with small kids. Here's what we thought:
1) Excellent location- right on the road to the beach and it's in the vicinity of downtown with all the wonderful rides, restaurants, and shops Long Beach has to offer
2) The king bed in our cottage (#1) was ridiculously comfortable (or my bed at home is ridiculously uncomfortable)
3) The kitchen was fully operational, there were board games in the coffee table, T.V. with movie player, and free Wi-fi!
4) The location of the small market on site was very convenient for some snacks and wine (and books and movies if needed).
5) These are cottages! So there are no neighbors above you or separated by a only a thin wall next to you. This is ideal we've found when traveling with young children (especially when they are super excited about being at the beach and can hardly contain all that bottled energy after traveling)
6) It was very clean. And stocked with small shampoos/conditioners/soaps and towels.
The downside was that the pull-out couch was uncomfortable, but we had brought some extra air mattresses.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
August 27, 2012
Thank you so much for your review! We very much enjoyed having you stay with us, and hope to have you come to the beach to stay with us in the future.
Report response as inappropriate
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.