“What to expect at The Adrift” 3 of 5 stars

You added Adrift Hotel and Spa to your Saves list
Adrift Hotel and Spa
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   409 Sid Snyder Drive, Long Beach, WA 98631   |
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Long Beach
“What to expect at The Adrift”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

We stayed at the Adrift for two nights in room 227 on the second floor. We didn't have a view of the beach but oh we'll the beach is right there so no big deal I guess. The staff was nice and they have coffee, bikes, DVDs, wifi, and directv. The most important thing for us was its dog friendly so that was great. The old hotel has been updated in a Eco-friendly way but not sure how professionally it was done, in other words paint jobs were horrible so don't expect it to be perfect. About noise we didn't hear the live music from the restaurant in our room but you can hear people hanging out drunk in the common area where there's games, no big deal if people respect the sign that says quiet time from 9pm-9am. The only real problem for me was how stuffy the room was, we left the window open the whole time, I'm not sure if I would go back during the summer but I would go back. The restaurant has decent food I wasn't a fan of the mac&cheese with crab but the home made pizza was great. The hotel is close to many state parks and Astoria Oregon so there is a lot to do in the area. All in all good location and I would return but like I said not during the summer.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Loved how close to the beach it was! Our room had a view of the ocean which was really nice. The restaurant in the hotel was really good too and convenient we didn't have to go outside in the storm to go eat

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

I spent a few nights at the Adrift Hotel recently.
I think there are some things they do really well.
I really like how dog friendly they are, and the free organic coffee and the fruity water. And the loaner bikes and the proximity to the beach.

My room was pretty basic. A bed and a tv and a bathroom and a sink. No microwave or kettle - though it did have a small bar fridge.

the desk staff were polite but not overly enthusiastic. I realize that big chain hotels probably insist their staff are enthusiastic and engaging in an over the top sort of way but the desk staff at Adrift left me feeling like they would help me out when they had the time.
Having said that, everything that I spoke with them about was dealt with really promptly. My shower had no pressure and I was concerned about that but their maintenance team had it fixed first thing in the morning.

I understand the whole being green thing but sometimes I think management promotes green approaches because it is a cost saver. But if you are in a dog friendly hotel that is within steps of the beach, it is probably a good idea to get housekeeping to at least sweep the floors daily - or leave a broom and dustpan in the room.
I liked my room but had to ask someone to come in and deal with the sand.
The room looks out on to the parking lot - which means you hear everything that is said by anyone and everyone in the parking lot. This wasn't much of a problem for me except for some teenagers who came rolling through at about 2:00am and hanging around on their skateboards - but it would probably be a good idea to put some signage up asking people to keep their voices down between particular hours.

The bed was super comfortable and they offer really lovely toiletry products and promote a lot of local businesses through the hotel. I got 2 free cans of local craft beer and they gave me a package of cookies from a local bakery and there was a jar of dog treats in the lobby.
And they really are dog friendly.

All in all, it was a relaxing few days. I think they do a pretty good job and I bring these things up because I think feedback can help people do a really good job.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Des Moines, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We spent a recent couple of days in Long Beach and stayed at the Adrift Hotel and Spa. The name implied more than what we got. I appears to be an older ocean motel that was remodeled with an attempt at shabby chic. It was clean but quite plain. There is not carpet in the rooms. After being on the beach, sand it tracked in and if you take your shoes and socks off you get sand on your feet. So take slippers or flip flops or something or you will end up with sand in your bed if you get up in the middle of the night. The flooring in the bathroom is some really odd material that I think was clean but it made me think it was just underlayment so I usually put towels down so I could walk on it.

Hair dryers and coffee pots are available on request.

Some nice pluses... Friendly staff, free bicycles to use, free dvds to borrow, free wifi.

There is adjacent property owned by the same people that is newer, better views, higher prices. Next time will probably go that route.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that faces north... our 2nd floor room facing south had no view of the ocean unles...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

The Location of the hotel is great - just a short walk to the beach (which you can drive on and have bonfires on). You can even sign out bikes at the hotel to bike on the 8 mile trail which was fun. The Lobby of the hotel is very nice and contemporary which is what I expected of the rooms but that is where they fall short. We stayed on the 3rd floor of the adjacent building. It is supposed to be "minimalist" which they succeed in but it also just needs to be updated. The room, and especially the bathroom, smells like mold mixed with mothballs? The attention to detail is lacking (needs new paint, cheap looking wood trim, old doors, old looking mattresses, etc). We walked through the main building one night and found that the inside of that building looks a little more updated but it also felt like a college dorm.
The Positives: The staff were all really nice and helpful and the restaurant (the Pickled Fish, which I have reviewed separately) was really good.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

i had the best experience ever here, they let is us stay in like this little cabin and it was facing the beach and it was perfect, extremely clean, smelled good, everything was perfect. In the evening, we were offered to ride bikes on the coast trail which was awesome and ate at their wonderful restaurant(a bit spendy), and in the morning, someone knocked on the door and gave us complimentary breakfast. It had like warm buns and healthy great food. We used to check out new hotels on the coast every two weeks, but this one was the best one by far.

Room Tip: beach front.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I had trepidations after reading a couple reviews here, which was maybe not the worst thing. The hotel was exactly what I expected: an inexpensive but hip and modern place to stay at the beach. The room was spare but stylish. But you're not here to lounge around your room, you're right on the beach! We were in a deluxe ocean view king. It was a good sized room, clean, with a view of the ocean (and the parking lot and the hotel across the street). We were on the fourth floor (top) so we didn't have problems with people walking around above us. Honestly though I can see how that might ruin your stay. It's not a quiet hotel, lots of people and kind of thin walls/doors. We travel with a sound machine and heard absolutely nothing from other guests or from the restaurant. Pickled Fish was good--they will take your name and call you in your room when they have a table for you, which is nice. It gets busy on Saturday nights (45 minute wait busy) and is pretty loud. They seem to have live music every night. We couldn't hear it from our room, but we were on the far end of the hotel from the restaurant. It's kind of like staying in a very high-end, modern and sleek individual-room hostel. That's not necessarily a bad thing. We had a great time and probably would stay at Adrift again. The biggest perk: the bikes! They are rusted and falling apart, only have coaster brakes, and are pretty little (we both felt like monkeys in a circus) but it was SO MUCH FUN to ride on the discover trail. If we'd known how cool the trail was we might have tried to bring our own bikes and spent the sunny weekend biking down to cape disappointment and back. It's a lovely path through the dunes, highly recommended. So all-in-all a lovely experience if you know what to expect.

Room Tip: 3rd floor ocean front is under the restaurant (I think). 4th floor on the east side of the hotel is...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Adrift Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!