My wife and I spent two nights here on a Travelzoo deal. We got a great price on an oceanview room. As others have described this hotel, it's pretty stark. Nothing upscale here...and I'm still not sure how the "spa" in it's title fits into the overall picture. We found no spa and there is no pool. Environmentally speaking, I can guarantee you that this hotel will leave a mighty small carbon footprint. As mentioned, there's little in the rooms to absorb sound or impart a feeling of warmth in winter. The tables are all old wooden crates and you basically hang your coat on a spike-type nail. We did have a great ocean view and our king size bed was extremely comfortable...something you don't find in every hotel. The rest of the furniture (chair and chaise) was rather uncomfortable. There are no in-room coffee makers...something that is seriously detracting for my wife and I. You have to take the stairs or elevator down to the lobby for complementary coffee. We'd prefer to have our coffee before leaving our room and seeing other humans first thing in the morning. (Take your own coffee maker and coffee.)
The Pickled Fish restaurant was on our floor at the other end of the hall from our room (room 421), so there was little noise except for the young kids next door. The food was quite good but there are no regular dinners as previously noted in reviews. Everything now is "small plates". They have a decent wine and beer selection. Service was fine.
We got to see Long Beach again for the first time in 30 years, but we'll likely not return to this hotel or the area. We prefer the WA north coast beaches...and softer, warmer, more comfortable lodging.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience our modern, ocean front hotel in the heart of the peninsula. We offer a variety of guest rooms, from no-frills studios to ocean front suites; all with updated amenities, a unique style and a focus on sustainability. Adrift is a beachfront experience…some of our many on-site amenities include a small urban spa, complimentary bikes, game tables, and ocean view dining at [Pickled Fish] restaurant, and live music from some of the northwest's most notable musicians at least 4 nights per week. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Adrift Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adrift Hotel Long Beach
- Edgewater Hotel Long Beach
- Edgewater Motel Long Beach