“I love the coast” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Breakers Hotel and Condo Suites

Save Saved
You added Breakers Hotel and Condo Suites to your Saves list
Breakers Hotel and Condo Suites
210 26th Street NW, Long Beach, WA 98631 (Formerly Breakers Motel and Condominiums)   |
Ranked #3 of 8 hotels in Long Beach
Beaverton, OR
“I love the coast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

I love spending time at the coast. I especially like finding new places to stay. The Breakers is a great place to stay!
I was specifically looking for a place with a kitchenette so I could cook my own food. At the Breakers I got a full kitchen. We had a ground floor unit I had requested. The place was very clean and nicely furnished. There was plenty of space for all of us. (I did not like all of the room decorations but it’s the coast, what do you expect!) We loved the play area right out our back door.
There is a pool and 2 hot tubs. There are movies for loan at the front desk area, for a small fee. Fresh coffee each morning is also at the reception area.
Take a short walk on the paved walkway that runs for miles adjacent to the beach or you can walk on the beach. It was exactly what we needed and we will be back.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

138 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Tacoma, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

Stayed there for 5 days, it was nice, the room was clean. Front desk was very helpful, close to the beach. My family enjoyed it..

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

I booked the room for a 2 night stay , midweek. The special was a 2 night stay for the price of 1.I booked a King size bed and fireplace with an ocean view room. I was given a confirmation number and told an email would arrive with that number as well. It never did arrive but at that point I was not concerned.

We arrived and was told there was no reservation under that confirmation number but after a few minutes they found our name. The room we were given was a queen size room. I immediately called the desk and said we were booked in for a King size room and a fireplace. I was told that was the room assigned, no offer to move us. The room need paint and was clean but not to the standards of a decent hotel.

We proceeded in unpacking and my husband stepped outside to the patio to take in the view. He was engaged into a conversation with a lady below us who proceeded in telling us she was the owner of the suite we were renting. Uncertain why she had to mention this unless it was to make us feel uncomfortable as we didnt know they were not a hotel style development. I went to get some ice from the one of 2 machines in the 4 building complex and the ice machine was broken, after a 10 minute walk there and back, I had some ice.

The bed were very soft and not especially to my liking and the linens had some small holes in it.
When it was time for us to check out, I was handed a bill for both nights instead of the 2 for 1 night special.I repeated the special that I booked under and was questioned by exactly where did I find that special? All of this information should have been on the booking info that they pulled up on their computer. Once that was resolved and the second hotel slip was printed, I asked where the Gov. discount is and was told I wasnt entitled to it. They was asked while making the reservations if I was a Military/gov. employee for an additional 10 % reduction in the pricing,which I am. She then asked the name of the person I booked with , which unfortunately I didnt know, but again all of that would be listed on the reservation sheets. I was not given the gov. discount.

The manager then came out of his office and was told of the situation by myself how unorganized the reservations were as well as the room we were promised was not fulfilled. He proceeded in handing me his busiess card and said I hope you try us again for another stay.

I doubt it !

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Longview, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2010

ask for a king bed , got here and got a queen but was told the couch pulled out,pulled the couch out no sheets no pillows just a old wore out matress with rips all over it gross!!! Really !!!! So two of us on a tiny queen that fell on the sides no sleep the couch is so old you cant sleep comfortably on it either yuk! you wouldnt want to any ways. The guy at the front desk "Larry " was a rude [--]!!! Alreay paid for two days but will be checking out and staying at seaside holiday inn express way better service just thought i would give longbeach one more try because i do live in washington but oh well just as i thought..............................

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2010

We found the Breakers luckily because another lodging in Long Beach was full and we weren't disappointed. Highly recommend the condos, kitchenette - we had an end suite with lots of windows, view of the beach and sunset on the beach. It was so romantic and peaceful. Our room was very tastefully decorated sea-scape style, we had a lovely balcony where we could sit with a glass of wine, watch the sunset and listen to the roar of the waves - it was wonderful. At night we heard the croaking of the frogs in the pond and gaxed at the millions of stars in the sky from our balcony. The price was very reasonable (under $100) and the staff were very pleasant and hospitible! A Two Thumbs up for this development for a kitchenette condo for decor, service, price - well worth it!! I think for an extended stay longer than a weekend, more recommend a 1 bedroom since the seating is minimal in the kitchenette. A sofa rather than directors chairs in the room might be more comfortable. But absolutely no complaints whatsoever.... I would stay again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Colbert, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2009

It was the perfect place for a getaway! The beach was wonderful and the accomidations were perfect. What made it even better is that it is pet friendly. I will definitly be back.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2009

I think almost every point I make below has been made in another review, however here is my experience compiled together for your reading pleasure.

The Room:
- In general old (in need of an upgrade), but fairly maintained (just can't bring myself to say "well maintained"...it was good enough, not great).
- Furniture and fixtures were of low-end hotel quality. Fake veneer over particle board, hollow core doors, $1.99 towel racks etc.
- Furniture was generally in well-worn condition, although functional. I believe the newest thing in the room may have been or 18 mo old daughter.
- Space: somewhat cramped. We had a 1-bedroom kitchenette unit with a King Bed. The bed filled the room leaving a small border around it for transit. Honestly it was no worse than many hotels, but definitely more cramped that the layout looked on the website.
- Carpet was a deeper pile (dare I say, shag...OK, maybe not quite) and appeared to be older. Not a great choice for a hotel, especially one near the beach as it is difficult to keep clean (note how the big name hotels use that really low pile stuff).
- TV: appeared to work fine, although we did not use it. There was also a VCR and DVD player in the room (which we did not use).
- Bathroom: very small and no tub, just a shower stall. Water pressure and hot water were both plentiful.
- Cleanliness: Room met the general standards for cleanliness, although the more out of the way places were dusty (e.g. when I felt the baseboard heaters to see if they were on, my hand subsequently needed washing). Caulk lines in the bathroom appear worn and showed mildew which is more of a maintenance issue then a daily housekeeping one, but should be addressed.
- Bed: OK...a well worn spring mattress
- Pillows: awful...small and lumpy. The staff to their credit attempted to find me some better ones which helped some. If you can you should bring your own.
- Kitchenette: definitely a value add as you can save money on some meals (and then spend that money when you do decide to treat yourself to a meal out...come on, it is a vacation!). The Kitchenette was satisfactory...like the rest of the room old, but clean enough. It contained a 2 burner electric stovetop and a half-height "dorm-room" fridge, as well as an assortment (really assorted, as in not matched) of plates, pans, cutlery, etc.
- Room Safe: none was included in the room.
- Miscellany: A small assortment of games and jig saw puzzles was included in the room.

Wi-Fi: worked great and was free

Staff: Most were very friendly and accommodating. I made several requests like extra towels or better pillows and they were pleasant and helpful. We had a small issue coordinating housekeeping with a time we were to be away from our room (our toddler's nap schedule posed some challenges), but they ultimately came through and got the room cleaned. We did have an odd incident with an 11:30 PM phone call from the front desk when we (my wife, myself, and baby) were fast asleep, saying our downstairs neighbors were complaining of noise (obviously coming from another room, not ours). While I cannot fault the front desk too much, I wish they did some more due diligence (walking by the room perhaps to see if there was indeed noise?) before waking us and the baby up.

Proximity to the beach: This was a little (just a little) disappointment. It is about a 1000 foot walk from the hotel until you cross the dunes and hit the sand. Then another 300 or so feet until the water (tide depending). So it's not a terrible distance, but it's not a "just jog back to the room for some sunscreen" one either. The walk to the beach is a nice one. Paved trail most of the way and passing by Clark's Tree Monument.

Proximity to the town of Long Beach: You are about 1 to 1.5 miles from town. So it's either a quick car ride, or you can walk the Discovery Trail into town

Playground: The on-premises playground is on a sandy lot and contains swings, slides, and "jungle gym" type equipment. It appears in good repair...not new but of modern construction. This playground is however for older kids. Our 18 mo old could use the slide with a little braking assist from dad, but none of the swings were the "basket type" usable by younger kids. That would have made it nicer.

Pool and Jacuzzi: We used the pool which is indoors, and the indoor Jacuzzi (there is also an outdoor one). They are in the same building (same room really). The pool area appeared clean and well maintained. The pool temperature for the heated pool seemed a bit on the chilly side though. Expect the pool to be filled with splashing kids before 9:30PM

Family Friendliness: In a word, "yes". We were one of several families with young children staying at the breakers. The pool is a popular spot for children, and there is also a playground and large grassy area to play on. They provided a crib for us at no extra charge, and it was an actual portable crib (not a pack-n-play).

Pet friendliness: We did not bring a pet, but that is one of the big draws of the breakers...for a fee they allow pets.

Neighbors: Had no problems. Upon check-in we found cigarette smoke coming into our window from an adjacent balcony but a call to the front desk remedied this (the policy is no smoking in the rooms, and smoking on the balconies ONLY if it does not affect your neighbors). Noticed some noise from TVs or screaming children. Also provided some noise from a screaming child so I considered it a fair bargain.

Balcony and View from the room: Our 2nd floor unit had a pleasant view of the dunes and ocean, but you could not see the beach. The balcony seemed sturdy and had an iron railing. Furnishings provided where the cheapest possible plastic furniture and were dirty.

The Beach: The beach near the hotel lacks features (e.g. sea stacks or outcroppings) but is expansive and picturesque. Grassy sand dunes lead to the beach which appeared to be clean, and was definitely uncrowded (although we were there on somewhat cloudy days). Unfortunately for some reason people in Washington think it is sport to drive on the beach. Being from the east coast this just seems odd to me. I can somewhat see the fun in doing doughnuts on the sand, but why combine the same recreation area for both this and for swimming/sunbathing/kit flying... general beach going? I mean are I and my family playing in a parking lot, or are these motorists driving in a playground? Both seem kind of stupid..... Fortunately in 2 hours on the beach we only saw a handful of vehicles and none of them did anything particularly stupid near us.

Summary:
Maybe if we had had sunnier weather.... maybe if we had lucked into a more nicely furnished room...maybe if Long Beach Washington were a nicer destination....maybe then we would say we would return to The Breakers, but on the other hand we don't tend to return much anywhere, instead opting for a new town or place to visit each time. But I think The Breakers provides a perfectly adequate accommodation for those looking for family beach getaway on the Washington coast, and has quite a few things to recommend it. So if you like the positives and don't mind the negatives of what I detailed above I wouldn't discourage you in the least from trying them out. From my prior research, and subsequent casual observation of places to stay on the Long Beach Peninsula, it still might be the nicest family-friendly one out there.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Breakers Hotel and Condo Suites? Share your experiences!