“Comfortable, friendly stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 20 hotels in Leavenworth
Sammamish, Washington, United States
“Comfortable, friendly stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Don't usually stay in motels/hotels, preferring vacation rentals, however this hotel was two thumbs up! The staff when I checked in was friendly and efficient, as was the staff when I checked out. My room was one of The cleanest I have ever experienced! Along with the exceptionally clean room, other positives were Seattle's Best Coffee (one of my favorites) being provided for the in-room coffee maker, a cute stuffed bear that was "available for adoption" in the room (though I provided my own), the room was cool when I checked in on a hot afternoon (though not too cold), and the full buffet breakfast the next morning was on-spot delicious. The only downside was the view I had was of the rooftop and satellite dish, but I could go outside to see the lovely Cascades, so that was a small inconvenience. All in all: a very good stay and I would recommend this place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

410 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Traveled from Bainbridge Island to Leavonworth to celebrate Memorial Day weekend. Made reservations at the Icicle Inn because it was dog-friendly. Arrived, and met Jade. She handled the impatient customer ahead of us with poise and great customer service. Coming back, simply for for great service of Jade and the entire staff of the Icicle Inn. Fantastic hotel for dogs.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I stayed here two nights for a work conference and had the room to myself. The inn is located on the outskirts of the downtown area, but only a few blocks from the main drag with all its shops and restaurants. We walked over and enjoyed the stroll. The Queen bed was comfortable, and I had large selection of different kinds of pillows to pick from. The room had two sinks with mirrors, one inside the bathroom and one outside. It also had a refrigerator and microwave. I had a limited view of the mountains and the minature golf place/theatre next door. The air conditioner/fan was on the noisy side. Once I habituated to the sound, the place seemed extremely quiet; it blocked out outside sounds. I enjoyed the breakfast. The selection was the same both mornings: cold cereals, oatmeal packets, yogurt, fresh whole fruit, scrambled eggs, potato chunks, biscuits and gravy, sausages, make-your-own waffles, and coffee, juices and teas. It was always well stocked. There is a minature train in the breakfast room that circles the ceiling. I didn't check out the pool or hot tub. The hotel has a couple computers available for guest use, and provided free copies of USA Today newspapers in the lobby. For those looking for reading material, the bookcase was full of reader's digest condensed books. The staff were all friendly and accomodating. The restaurant is convenient, but there are several choices in Leavenworth that are much better. There is a large safeway within a couple miles, if you need anything. Because I didn't pay for the room, I can't rank it for value.

Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Recently my husband's professional organization held it's annual conference at the Icicle Inn. Wow....we stayed in one of the condo's on the property and was it grand: granite kitchen, fireplace, jacuzzi tub! But what impressed us the most was the attentativeness of the management. One of our party was injured and the manager, Carl, made sure she was made whole. Beautiful facility, wonderfully professional staff and marvelous attention to details. We will go back again!

Room Tip: Rooms in the main building most convenient to amenities.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Charlie509, Owner at BEST WESTERN PLUS Icicle Inn, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Hello, thank you so very much for this wonderful review, we do strive for excellence and want to make sure that all of our guests are well cared for. I am very glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that we will see you again soon.

Karl Ruether
Owner/General Manager
Bozeman, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I recently helped organize and facilitate 4 days worth of meetings at the Icicle Inn that included about 50 people.

I am writing to let you know of my great appreciation for the man who organizes the rooms and makes sure everything is just right. His name was Frank, though I did not ever get his last name, though I suspect you won't need that information to know who I am talking about. From my perspective, Frank seemed to be running the place!

As a facilitator, I always work to make sure that my meetings are logistically correct, to control those things that you can because it is darn sure that things unforeseen will happen. Frank was the perfect representative for your hotel. I have worked around the West and never had anyone any better than Frank at making sure we had everything we needed--proper set up, modifications when needed, rooms open when he said he would, help with electrical, etc etc. He simply was omnipresent to the point that I joked with him that every time I needed something there he was, ready to help effectively, in a timely manner, and with a smile on his face.

Too often I don't think we recognize good work. I just want you to know that Frank is a great asset to your organization, and someone who helped me for 4 days running, providing the utmost of service with a smile.

By the way, the rest of the staff was helpful and friendly, as well.

Walla Walla, wa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I am in the middle of our Leavenworth stay and I have to say that it has been a very pleasurable experience. We have our accomidations at the Best Western Icicle Inn in Leavenworth Washington for the Mothers day May Fest and we have a wonderful time. Our hotel stay were attended to by our very helpful and pleasant hotel representatives Patrick and Jeremy, both were a pleasure and they made sure that all our needs were taken care of from learning the lay of the hotel and the city and personal picks on good places to visit. I was impressed that even though they were always taking care of telephone calls and the constant check ins, they always made time to help us with our questions and did it with a smile. As we get ready to head back home we are already getting our calender ready for our next years trip to Leavenworth we will make sure to set things up with Patrick and Jeremy because we know that our trip will be a great time. I highly recommend that you seek the help of both Patrick and Jeremy at Best Western as they are a great help in any plans that you are making here in Leavenworth WA. Happy mothers day and may you have a wonderful trip.
Ruben from Walla Walla Washington

Thank you again Patrick and Jeremy.

and the time they took with us was very helpful and gave us a wonderful experience that my wife and my son will remember for many years.

Room Tip: Ask Patrick or Jeremy at the Main office
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

The room we stayed in had a nice little couch with a fireplace in a smaller attached room. It was very nice, clean and modern. The whole complex is quite nice with a movie theatre, mini golf, pool and basketball court. Everything is very well kept and everyone is very friendly. Walking distance to the downtown area. Also, the breakfast that comes with your stay has a great variety of food to choice from.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Hello, thank you very much for your kind words. The room you stayed in was one of a 15 room addition we completed last summer which was also our 20th anniversary caring for our guests. We hope to see you again soon. Have a great summer.

Karl Ruether
Owner/General Manager

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Icicle Inn? Share your experiences!