“Simply a nice place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Der Ritterhof Motor Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   190 U.S. Highway 2, PO Box 307, Leavenworth, WA 98826   |
Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Leavenworth
Portland, OR
“Simply a nice place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Within walking distance to downtown Leavenworth activities. (FYI: lots of pedestrians this time of year. Heard screeching brakes a couple times from traffic stopping suddenly for people crossing). Clean room, helpful staff and basic amenities. Upon check-in for 3-day stay, we were told to just request a microwave for the room if we wanted one and it would be delivered. After the first night, we requested one and left for a couple of hours and the microwave was set up in the room when we arrived as promised. The lobby has a nice lodge feel with a gas fireplace and small dining area for guests. The complimentary breakfast included: biscuits and gravy, muffins, 3 cereals, fresh fruit cups and juices, yogurt and pastries. As a side note, the 20% coupon they give for Kristall's Restaurant next door does not discount your entire bill but gives a small savings off the entrée. In our opinion, the price was average: 3 nights cost us $317 with tax during Thanksgiving weekend.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Bremerton, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

We did not have the free breakfast, we opted to try the restaurants. Room was clean and extra towels were placed in the room as per my online request when booking. Room was a decent price. Bed was a little hard for my liking and wold bring my own pillow next time since those were not very comfy, though my husband liked them. Close to Front street for all day shopping. We got lucky and it snowed while we were there.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Spokane, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

We stayed there the Friday night after Thanksgiving. We were able to check in early, the girl at the front desk was very friendly, the room was comfortable, and the breakfast was very nice for a continental breakfast. I would defintely stay here again next time we're in Leavenworth.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Port Orchard, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

This was my husband and I's first October Fest so we didn't know to expect, glad we found this place to stay. It is close to everything, walking distance to all the fun. Beautiful views and plenty of ground space. Pet friendly. Very clean rooms. Very friendly staff. Nice breakfast selection. The walls are a bit thin so you can hear your neighbors but there is a quiet hour so the noise is only temporary. We would recommend this place and we would stay again.

Room Tip: If you have a pet let the hotel know after booking and they will be sure to accommodate.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Ocean Shores, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We recently spent three nights at Der Ritterhof. The location was very convenient, and within walking distance to all of downtown. The room was nice and quiet, the bed was quite comfortable. It was a great value and we thoroughly enjoyed out stay. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Top floor end room, away opposite highway.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

The room I had was ok. It was on the second floor which was a pain as there was no elevator. I had to haul everything up the stairs. The room had two beds. They put a microwave in there for me with a fridge. There was an old TV in there - not a flat panel. The bathroom was super small with a lot of mold on the ceiling. The wireless in the hotel was ok. It disconnected a lot and had poor signal strength. The table the microwave was on was so wobbly I had to hold it together when I used it.

The biggest issue for me was the noise. The walls are super thin. One of the nights I was there a party took place below me. I called the front desk twice to have them stopped. That didn't work at all. I could hear everything these people were doing and saying. The office closes at midnight so after that I was on my own. In my opinion, the office should have done more instead of just closing and going home.

When I come back to town with my family, we will be staying somewhere else for sure.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Issaquah, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Location is very convenient for walking to town. Staff was pleasant and rooms comfortable enough. Complimentary breakfast was very basic. Glad they are dog friendly. When I visit Leavenworth, this is where I stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Der Ritterhof Motor Inn? Share your experiences!