“Great Place Excellent Location Awsome Staff” 5 of 5 stars

You added Obertal Inn to your Saves list
Obertal Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   922 Commercial St., Leavenworth, WA 98826   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Leavenworth
Quincy, Washington
“Great Place Excellent Location Awsome Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I was looking for a Valentine's day get away destination online and came across Obertal Inn. What caught my eye was king room with a fireplace and jacuzzi tub, plus a romance package and I was sold. So I called to make reservations and Kim told me that the jacuzzi room was already booked but they did have a king room with a electric fireplace so I decided what the heck and booked It adding the romance package. Kim asked when we expected to arrive and I told her we would probably be there around 1 pm however I knew that check in wasn't untill 3. She told me that If the room was ready it would not be a problem. When we got there the room was ready and we checked in early, The romance package was DEFINITELY worth the extra money. Rose Petals on the floor leading up to the bed with a serving tray containing Three Roses,1 Dozen Chocolates and a bottle of champagne. Very Romantic. Hans & Kim really do go above and beyond, coupled with the Downtown Location "everything within walking distance" this is a Great Place! And the breakfast bar is the best I have ever had at a Hotel... Needless to say THIS ROMANTIC GETAWAY WAS A HIT WITH MY SWEETHEART!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Stayed here overnight and this is the most comfortable bed with soft sheets/comforter and six pillows that very in firmness. The staff was polite and accommodating. The hot tub made for a pleasant end to a lovely day in Leavenworth. The following morning we enjoyed fresh waffles with options of blueberries,strawberries and warm diced apples. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for availability on 2 or 3rd floor
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I will be giving my pros and cons of this Inn.
we stayed during the week using a groupon deal for a king bed with fireplace.
Pros: great location in downtown. within walking distance to shops and eateries.
very picturesque view right out our window (we were on second floor facing snow capped mountains)
wifi, cable, netflix streamed from a blueray player and an iphone/ipod dock/clock radio. nice touch.
check in was quick and easy, warm and friendly staff.
room was clean and looked like it has had an update with granite countertop sink,
bed was comfortable.
there is an outdoor hot tub (but we did not indulge)
onsite parking.
and to piggy back what "ringsgeek" posted about the fireplace..my hubby thought the same when making the reservation. He assumed it was a real fireplace (like wood, heat and everything) but it is an electric one with cool flame settings but no heat.
I didn't have the breakfast, but hubby did, and he liked the french toast that was served.
ok onto the Cons:
the heater in the room is a bit loud, and kept going on and off in 30 sec- 1min intervals which is a little annoying when trying to watch tv, you have to turn the volume wayyyy up then when the heater goes off, you have to turn volume waaaaay down so your neighbors don't have to listen to your movie.
the walls are thin, and you can hear conversations,tvs, bathroom fans,etc etc
although this next con is not the Inns fault it still became part of our stay so I am mentioning it. and that is, construction noise. across the street there is a building being built or rebuilt and bright and early in the morning we were awakened by hammering of walls and roof etc. I understand it was a normal work day both days we stayed, but had I known ahead of time that was going to be my wake up call I would have not stayed here.
I don't mind people coming and going in and out of their rooms that they paid for also, but when you put someone as inconsiderate as our neighbors were next to me. I have to mention it.
it was after 11pm we were trying to get some shut eye when our neighbor decided to stand outside the door yelling her friends name over and over, after about the 4th yell, my husband yelled out heyyy! people are trying to sleep! she quickly replied ohh sorry. and went back inside her room. We were finally able to get some sleep later, only to be awakened by the hammering crew across the street bright and early, and then a yappy dog began barking in someone elses room.
So do the pros outweigh the cons? if I was on a friends trip, yes. solo? maybe. family? maybe. couples? no.
as you can see by their picture of the hotel, there are 3 levels. upper levels are accessible by outdoor stairs only.would not be easy option for a handicapped person. unless you get a ground level room.
just a side note, as I was already to far away to another town after checking out, I realized I had lost a ring, I quickly called the Inn to retrace my steps, and Hans answered and he was so nice to personally go and check the room and check with housekeeping and called me right back. Thanks for trying Hans! (I never even met the guy.)

Room Tip: winter time, get a room close to the outdoor hot tub. less travel time from your room.. brrrr
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

This place is as wonderful as it comes. I spent a two day weekend here with a friend and this place exceeded every single expectation i had set. The small details are really paid attention to by Hans and his staff; Kim was amazing also...offering me a ride to my car. The comforters in the hotel were great, pillows, sheets were quality...the place was great! Book your stay here and be done with it. Great place!
PS My car was in the shop, and Hans the owner let me borrow his truck to go get it when it was done! Friendly people!!

Room Tip: Didn't see a pool, but they have a jacuzzi!
Hood River, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

LOVE the Christmas lights at night on the building. LOVE the location!!! Hans and staff are awesome! Breakfast included? Yes! I'll be back. Affordable, clean, great location, and a bottle of champagne for my birthday. What a pleasant surprise!

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Thought we were getting an actual fireplace, but it makes sense that it was an electric one. We had a nice comfy bed with a big TV and a Blu-Ray player, so we were able to watch our honeymoon Blu-Ray disc and enjoy it all over again. A great getaway in the mountains, and Obertal has nice accomodations including a continental breakfast. Very cool. Thanks Hans!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I booked this based on others' reviews and we weren't disappointed. The rooms are nice, more than adequate and have obviously been updated. We had a frig and microwave in our room. The breakfast is really excellent for not having a kitchen - healthy choices as well as fresh waffles with great homemade toppings. We added on an additional 3rd night and were given a discount without even asking. The lift tickets with room was an amazing deal. The town is so lovely and this hotel does it justice. You can walk to everything and everyone there is very friendly. We plan on making this a yearly trip and will stay here again and again.

Room Tip: Book early. We got the last room and even that was pretty good.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Obertal Inn? Share your experiences!