“Bavarian Lodge, Leavenworth, WA” 4 of 5 stars

$115 Spring Special
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Leavenworth
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Washington State
“Bavarian Lodge, Leavenworth, WA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2011

My husband and I wanted a nice, fun and romantic getaway. We took the bus through Amtrak. We stayed in a corner fireplace room facing the town on the second floor. I would recommend facing the town if you are going there during the Christmas lights season. The fireplace room was very nice. The fireplace was gas, which was easy to activate with just a flick of a switch. It tends to get too hot in the room if you leave it on for very long, so you need to open a window or perhaps turn on the air conditioning. I was disappointed because I read in someone's review that there were down comforters on the beds. I inquired about this at the hotel and I was told that the hotel used to have down comforters in the past, but they had some problems with them and the owners were looking for different ones. It would have been nice to have a nice, fluffy comforter instead of the simple thin blanket and sheets and suade bedspread! We had to ask for extra blankets. The hotel did not provide mouth wash or toothpaste. The large fireplace in the lobby was gas -- I was disappointed in that as I wanted to sit by it and hear the crackling of logs. However, it was still beautiful, and could almost pass for a real fireplace. I actually had to check to see. The people at the front desk were nice, but depending on the person -- some were very brief and not overly friendly, while others were a bit more accommodating. I had hoped to feel more welcome. Also, when we first arrived, children were literally banging on the piano which was a very raucous sound in our ears. Other than that, the hotel was very nice and I would recommend it. It was beautifully decorated for the season. The lobby was comfortable and especially cozy for reading a book at night by the fireplace. The rooms were ample and clean. Unfortunately the beds were not that comfortable -- kind of too firm, but comfortable enough. I loved the down feather pillows. The sink is in the room, not the bathroom, which is kind of annoying, but not overly so as it is in its little alcove area. I am sounding like I am putting down the hotel, but it was actually quite nice. After being out walking around in 12 degree temperatures, it was very cozy to come back to. You can buy or bring your own candles as long as they are in their own containers, which help to make the room extra cozy. I highly recommend the fireplace rooms, as they are more romantic, plus, since they are corner rooms you have the benefit of two windows overlooking the town and the mountains! The breakfast is excellent -- a lot a variety, for example, scrambled eggs, very tasty potatoes, sausage, Belgian waffles, rolls, muffins, yogurt, etc. -- all you can eat. I really loved the breakfast. The hot tub was also nice even though it was outside, as it was plenty warm. Remember to turn on the switch so as to activate the jets. All in all, a great experience despite the cons.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Kirkland, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2011

The view from our room of the holiday lights was absolutely beautiful. The drapes were left open all night! It was nice to fall asleep and wake up as if you were under the lights.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2011

The location of this hotel is wonderful. The full breakfast is a plus with young child. however, it ran out of apple and orange when we get there after 9AM. Sipping the complimentary hot cide and choclate in front of the great fire place in the lobby is wonderful. however,, the front desk personnel can be a little more warm to the guest. ( just my observation while lingering the lobby)

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Bellevue, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

Our family went with Bavarian Lodge based on the reviews of others and was looking forward to our stay there.
We stayed on Christmas Eve & Christmas Day with our 17 & 15 years old kids.
Paid $261/night incl. taxes. We were disturbed by 4 young children next door screaming, crying, running and jumping until 11:30pm. They woke us up a few times. Called he front desk a couple times each night, but nothing was done. Would have checked out had the hotel not stipulate a 2 night-Christmas mandatory stay. Basically, we paid a premium rate expecting a quality hotel and ended up with a Super 8 level room. The view was fabulous and the breakfast was nice (I expected more considering the rate of the room, but it's about the same array as La Quinta Inn's in Vancouver, WA).
We left feeling very disappointed. We'll try Pension Anna next time.

Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Bothell, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2010

I recently stayed at the lodge for the xmas lighting festival,I could'nt have picked a more perfect location -across the street overlooking all the action,lights,ceremonies etc.The room with a fireplace is a must-very cozy ,warm & clean.The staff was very friendly & Helpful .The breakfast was absolutely delicious with no line ups.This was such a pleasant stay that I plan on returning within a couple of weeks

Gig Harbor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2010

I recently went to Leavenworth for a few days away in the snow. Stayed at the Bavarian Lodge. This place is fantastic. I am a pilot flying coast to coast and this could easily be my favorite hotel yet. BL is clean and the staff treat you with more genuine courtesy than any other hotel I have stayed at. They really give off the impression that they are happy you are there and not pretending. It is very obvious that this is not a chain. You can see that every little detail was carefully thought out by a person with great style, not a committee of people, that usually muddles everything into a big generic mess. There was even a mini Christmas tree in the room with lights that you could decorate. It was those little things that made me feel more like I was at home than in some hotel. If you go around the holidays, and you definately should, get the rooms facing the village. It is right across the street, so you have the best view in town. I could go on and on about the breakfast, the lobby, the town, the staff, but you should just go and check it out for yourself.

Vaughn, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2010

Stayed at the Bavarian Lodge in Leavenworth Washington to visit family and watch the Christmas lighting and shop.
The Bavarian Lodge is A triple + as far as I'm concerned.
The rooms are very clean and detailed very nicely.
The staff is friendly and real and are happy to help with questions.
The breakfast is top notch and fun. Not just fruit and breakfast rolls in a plastic bag here.
Everything is fresh from the fruit to the kitchen made biscuits to the wonderful waffles or biscuits and gravy.
The lodge itself is excellently decorated in a wonderful Bavarian theme the is enchanting with the huge fireplace with the leather couches and chairs in front of it.
I would highly recommend staying there.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Bavarian Lodge? Share your experiences!