“Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Leavenworth
Fresno, California
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2008

This was a beautiful lodge type hotel in central leavenworth. directly across from shopping. Would highly recommend. The beds were big and comfortable. The room was clean and nice. The breakfast was fantastic.

• 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Midwest USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2008

We liked everything about the Bavarian Lodge. Large, well-appointed room with very nice bathroom (sink located outside shower/toilet area). Granite countertops, microwave, small fridge, nice furniture. Very comfy beds. Breakfast is excellent with hot choices (eggs, sausage, biscuits, waffles) plus the usual continental fare plus homemade muffins. The breakfast room is large with big round tables w/ tablecloths, real dishes, real stainless flatware. Not the usual micro-tables with foam plates and plasticware. We used the pool which isn't huge but is adequate. Location is right across from the village which is very handy for shopping & restaurants. The decor of the Bavarian is very nice too with hand-painted details. We could not have picked a better place to stay in Leavenworth.

• Liked — Can't pick just one thing!
Penticton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2008

I booked my stay at Bavarian Lodge after reading reviews on tripadvisor, however I was still extremely surprised when I checked in.

I traveled with my wife and our 1 year old son (13.5 months - just starting to walk), so that can help put this review into context.

When we pulled in we found parking right away. I was very impressed by all the flowers. The hotel is four floors and faces south. Every single window on the south side had a healthy pot of purple flowers growing. The ground level also had dozens of clean, healthy flower pots in full bloom. I was amazed, with all of this vegetation, that there was not a spiderweb, nor a leaf or a petal to be found out of place on the grounds.

As we walked up to the front door I started to realize that this place is fairly modern. The asphalt is clean and uncracked, and incidently, it leads smoothly to the front door... Anyone in a walker or wheelchair would find this extremely easy to navigate.

In we went through the large double doors (not automatic by the way - a bit tricky with a stroller - though I may have missed a handicap button but did not see one).

The lobby is very nice. Very clean. It has beautiful 18 inch square tile and a lot of old world decorations. This was European with class... not the stereotypical yodelling cuckoo clock type lobby I was worried about.

The desk staff was professional. We were through check-in promptly, and we soon found ourselves in our room.

The room was extremely clean. By this point I was looking for dust. The room has very nice fixtures, a huge comfy bed, a dresser and headboard that my wife said she was going to ask where they purchased it from... There is Starbuck's coffee in the room (very nice). There is also a little fridge with a clear glass door... Marble countertops...

We stayed in a king bed suite facing the village. As I said, the bed was comfortable and had very nice linens and blankets on it (plus about 12 pillows). The linens and blankets in this hotel were the nicest I've ever had in a hotel... They were not your typical blankets. There was also an extra blanket in the bottom drawer of the dresser that did not look like it had ever been used before (actually - that sums up the whole place - it looked like it was the first day they'd ever been open).

Bath time resulted in the only difficulty I found in the room. The bath tub is very shallow. I guess this is common in hotels because most people shower rather than take a bath, so the tub wall cannot be really high or else many people would have trouble stepping in.

In order to get our child to go to sleep, we turned the couch sideways in the room, moved the coffee table, and set up the crib that we brought with us. Closing the curtains made the room pretty dark, but I put a blanket along the top of the curtains to make the room as dark as our son is used to.

I fell asleep for a nap at about 7:30 pm, but my wife said that our son fell asleep at about the same time. I woke up about 8pm to hear her typing away on her laptop. She has a vista machine, and was able to get onto the hotel wireless network without any assistance.

We had a good night sleep and woke up at 5:30am. Our son had slept right through the night - something he usually does - but this was evidence that the hotel was quite throughout the night.

In the morning we went for breakfast. This was very very good. There were a lot of items to choose from. I was most excited to see the Starbuck's Verona coffee - very dark and bold - exactly what I needed (and have needed for the last year). I am sure breakfast items change from day to day, but collectively we had coffee, cereal, yoghurt with granola, delicious cheese and potato omlette, potatoes, sausage, waffles, oranges, and an apple. We passed on the country-style biscuits and gravy, and the pastries.

I would stay here every time. Throughout the whole stay I was thinking "this is the number TWO rated hotel in Leavenworth???" I was trying to figure out how it could be any better. Even the chocolate mints at the counter are delicious.
Anyways - I am not surprised at all to log in today and see that it is now rated the #1 hotel in town.

For something so modern, clean, accessible and directly across from the city centre, I am not surprised it is #1.

PS - I checked out the pool area but did not go in. The pool is not very large, but it looks like it could be fun!

• Liked — Everything seemed brand new
  • Disliked — I have no significant concerns
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Red Deer, Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2008

Wow! What an amazing and charming hotel!! The decor is absolutely beautiful - in the lobby and the room! Beautiful furniture - all tastefully done. The hallways are extra wide - very nice! The beds - so so comfy with big fluffy pillows and beautiful bedspreads and pillow shams! We thoroughly enjoyed the outdoor pool and 2 hot tubs and the kids were thrilled with "renting" free dvd's! The complimentary breakfast was outstanding!! Waffles, omelets, fresh cinnamon buns and pastries, homemade biscuits and gravy, sausages and much more!! Definitely worth every penny - and the price was very reasonable. Location....excellent!! We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone and would definitely stay again in a heartbeat! One of our most favorite hotels we've ever stayed in.

• 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
St. Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2008

I wanted to go river rafting on the Wenatchee River with my son, and after reading hotel reviews I chose the Bavarian Lodge for a two-night stay.
I am so happy I chose to stay there. The staff was very nice and friendly. When checking in, the front desk person told us the hours of all the amenities (when breakfast served, pool hours, where to find pool towels), and then she gave us a detailed map and listing of the area restaurants.
We went to our room and found that it was perfect for us. It was squeaky clean, the decor was old-world charm. There was a fridge and microwave, a TV, and a DVD player. The mountain view was beautiful.
The hotel's location is great; the charming village is right across the street, and a good pizza place is next door.
The first night there, my son watched a DVD (the hotel has a selection of DVDs and books for free) while I soaked in the tub.
The second night we swam in the pool and enjoyed the hot tub (was nice to soak sore muscles after three hours of paddling down the river). It was wonderful to swim and soak while enjoying the beautiful mountain view.
And breakfast was wonderful. The first morning there was an egg and cheese casserole, plus biscuits, muffins, and seasoned potatoes. The second morning was egg, potato and cheese casserole, plus the seasoned potatoes, and the most delicious banana and chocolate chip muffins. There were other items too, waffles you make, sausage, bagels, other breads.
This hotel is a gem. I hope to return someday.

• Liked — Decor, views, location, breakfast
Washington State
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2008

What a great place for a getaway. The ‘glow’ of this hotel is just amazing, and I’m not just talking warm golden walls and burnished antiques and quiet, restful ambiance. We found the comfortable bed and pillows delightfully plush and pleasantly in line with the Bavarian décor. The room was enchanting to explore, down to the darling picture of two youngsters in lederhosen. The details in the immaculate room spoke of care, from the fridge/MW/coffee setup, to the unique fixtures, to the quiet bathroom fans. Everything from the colorfully planted window box framing the view to the detailed and unique tole painting starting at the front door then featuring a different scene on every floors’ elevator doors evoked the special Bavarian theme. The friendly staff, approachable and low key, directed us to restaurants and helped us select a free movie from the lobby’s ample selection. The lobby’s cornucopia of wide-ranging gift items were on par with a first class shop. The hot tub and pool, which we didn’t use, looked inviting. As for the breakfast, suffice it to say we didn’t eat again till late that night after feasting on the waffles, egg casserole, bacon, sausage, potatoes, biscuits and gravy, oatmeal, fruit, cinnamon rolls, muffins, juice and coffee/tea. We left the bagels, toast, cereal, yogurt, and more for our next visit. This is definitely the place to enjoy your stay.

• Liked — The comfort, value and convenience.
  • Disliked — That we couldn't stay longer - seriously!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2008

My wife and I stayed at your lovely lodge. We both were quite impressed with our visit from the start to the finish. Our check -in was crazy...so entertaining, 2 quick witted staff members checking us in , and then so informative about the area, restaurants, golf, they incouraged us to look outside of the Leavenworth area, quick day trips to Cashmere, onto Lake Chelan. We got into the room ....and we were equally suprised by a soft comfy bed...pillow top, warm colors, a stunning view out the window of the gorgeous mountains and the village. We both felt like we were in the Alps....WOW!!!! The attention to small details, everywhere you look. They have a library of DVD's ...free of charge. The Swimming Pool and Hottubs were all sparkling clean, and the afternoon sun hits that area perfect. They provide towels for your use in that area, and the towels are soft. The breakfast is BIG, indulge yourself you wont be disappointed, waffles, biscuits and gravy, ham potatoes...on and on. They have there own baker on staff...DELICIOUS. What a treat. It was very quiet, and we slept like a baby. The lobby is beautiful, a soft creamy yellow on the walls and unique antiques ...very tastefully done.We shall return, As we left we felt like family..we love this spot. As we were checking out, they remembered our names and where we had dinner, top notch customer service !!!! Not trained but very natural..old fashinon customer service.Where do you find that nowdays.......Ive got it Bavarian Lodge in Leavenworth . See ya soon! Mr. B

• Liked — The view and Front desk staff
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Bavarian Lodge? Share your experiences!