“There has to be better in Leavenworth” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #47 of 71 Restaurants in Leavenworth
Cuisines: American, German, Central European
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Description: Upstairs across from the Maipole featuring German and Northwest specialties with 11 German beers on draft.
American abroad
“There has to be better in Leavenworth”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010

I have to agree with the previous couple of reviews. The food wasn't terrible, but it wasn't even close to authentic and was of mediocre quality, especially for the price. Having lived in Germany for several years, we know what is authentic -- and this wasn't. We were not looking for gourmet -- just good -- and we didn't find it here. We'll keep looking. The service was good; too bad the food wasn't.

Vancouver, BC
“Microwaved german food!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

Awful, terrible... do not eat here!

We were in Leavenworth for Oktoberfest and went out for dinner at Cafe Christa. We both ordered Schnitzel meals. Our food was delivered to our table in less than 2 minutes. My wife and I looked at each other in astonishment.

Needless to say it was awful. No one on earth can cook a meal of anykind in less than 2 minutes, unless it is precooked and heated in a microwave!

YUK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wenatchee, Washington
“I Don't Think So”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

In town for Oktoberfest and made the mistake of going in this little gem! I swear...I LIKE German food, but there are very few places around here that have the good stuff. The Pork was dry and the service was cold. The server didn't seem to care if we liked our food or not. Stay away, there are better options in Leavenworth.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Olathe, Kansas
“Avoid like the Plague”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2010

It is difficult to believe that such an awesome village with heavenly scenery could endure the waitress we had last night . This cafe says it accommodates people with allergies. My daughter can have anaphalatic shock from eating certain foods. We took great care in asking before we sat down to see if they could prepare anything that would be safe for her. it does state on the menu they do. We like to ask , not wanting to impose but it is a Life or Death issue. Then ordered with great detail. Our food arrives and hers in incorrect ...with mushrooms ....this could be deadly for her. The waitress is argumentative , insulting ,with no personal skills .It was just the poorest customer service I have had experienced. I asked to speak to the manager , I was told there was not a manager on duty. This was the most irrational behavior I have seen in the customer service field. I have not yet spoken to the owner but if I were her...I would say bye bye to this person before it destroys her business. The food is not that great anyway but most people will not tolerate this kind of treatment and have to pay for it as well!!!

Portland, Oregon
“Delicious German food - huge portions - great service - will return”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

My cousin and I 'shared' the Jager Schnitzel dinner. It was fantastic and the portions were huge. Our server helped us decide what to have for dinner. She was friendly and gave us excellent service. We will eat there again and again and recommend this restaurant to everyone we know!!!