“Poor Value for Christmas Dinner” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #47 of 74 Restaurants in Leavenworth
Cuisines: American, Grill, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Description: J J Hills Fresh Grill offers a wonderful fresh grill inspired menu. Join us for great dining in a relaxed atmosphere, and select Appetizers, Steaks, Starters and Entree Salads, Dinner Entrees, Burgers and Sandwiches and full cocktail service and a children's menu. You'll also find many gluten free and vegetarian items on the menu.
Houston, Texas
“Poor Value for Christmas Dinner”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

We booked Christmas dinner at JJ Hills several months ago, but when we arrived at the reserved time, we were still required to queue for twenty minutes to get a seat. The food was plentiful but very average at best - certainly not worth recommending.
The staff were friendly but stretched to cover the large Christmas crowd and could have done with more help.

Visited December 2013

Camas
“thanksgiving Dinner from a virgins perspective”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

my family and friends, This year, we went to Leavenworth and JJ Grill for a $40 plate buffett Turkey dinner. the Turkey was moist and deliciousl Veggies were sparse. no green beens. good brussel sprouts and yams. the puddings and cakes were GREAT, Pumpkin ie was served in a little time, reminded me of a weight watchers portion. Service was friendly, nice piano music, no view.....it wan;t in the JJ grill restaruant but in the basement ......kind of odd.
good dinner.nothing organsmic. I'll look for alternaitve dinners next year.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Very Gluten Friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We ordered the grilled fish, salmon and tilapia and they were both perfectly grilled. We were very impressed with the quinoa pilaf that we ordered as our side dish. It was delicious and so light and fluffy. We also ordered a side dish of the fresh grilled vegetables. It was enough for the two of us and very good. Next time I would ask for it without cheese as I prefer to avoid dairy. There wasn't much and I didn't know to ask that it be left off. We were even given multi-colored tasty corn chips before dinner since we couldn't eat bread. Few restaurants are so very gluten-free knowledgeable and helpful as they were at J.J. Hills, in spite of them being in such a remote area. They even offered a gluten free chocolate cake with raspberry sauce which I am going to try to go back to try since I was so full after our dinner (the portions were very generous).

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Wenatchee, WA
“Love the great treatment by the staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

We've eaten here twice recently (June and November) and dinner and breakfast the next morning both times. The service has been excellent both times, and the waitresses have been very friendly and helpful. It has not been super busy on our visits and the waitresses have taken the time to chat a bit with us. Nice touch.

The menu is not large but offers a good variety. The food has been very good. My wife particularly like the coconut shrimp.

Actually any of the staff in the restaurant or the motel have been very outgoing and friendly. This really stood out to us as this is not been the case in some of the places where we've stayed or eaten. Excellent customer relations skills.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Buckley
“Loved the German food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

My husband and I arrived at the Best Western in the evening and were not inclined to go out to eat. It was the week before Octoberfest, so most of the town was in a "lights out mode" by 9:00 pm. It was 8:00 pm when we went to J.J. Hill's for dinner and it was clear that we were going to be the last customers of the evening. I was a little apprehensive when I walked into an empty restaurant.

However, the service was quick and friendly. We could have been made to feel like were were an inconvenience that late in the evening, right before closing. That was certainly not the case. We were made to feel like the last patrons were the really special patrons. We asked for suggestions from the menu and the German sausage dinners we had from the Octoberfest menu were (according to my husband who loves German food) absolutely the best we'd ever eaten.

• Visited October 2013