“Good food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch
Vancouver, Canada
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Not the most posh looking restaurant but the atmosphere is welcoming, staff are super friendly. My friend ordered the soup but found it too salty. My chicken noodle soup was good as was mu sausages. Fries were a hit! Nothing spectacular about the salad bar and it is self serve.

Visited January 2014

Tacoma, Washington
“Just Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Looking for a quick lunch we headed in here. First off, they have you order before you sit down. That works fine unless other folks come in behind you and just claim a table with their jackets and then get in line to order.
My husband had brats which he was quite happy with. He also had a very good draft dark beer. On the downside they claim fame to their white chicken chili which both my daughter and I had. It was so salty I ate a few spoons only. Plus we had trouble finding the chicken in it.
All in all there was nothing special about this place.

Visited January 2014
Gig Harbor, Washington
“A great place to warm up”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

Hands down the best soups in town! This time I had a bowl of their white chili with chicken and wasn't disappointed; the thickness and taste hit the spot as it snowed outside. My wife had a Rueben and thoroughly enjoyed it. We have made it a must stop when we visit Leavenworth.

Richland, Washington
“GREAT SERVICE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Awesome food & the service was great. The soups are all made from scratch. Small but very cozy. We had the white bean chili & brats.

University Place, Washington
“Good food/Nice specials”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

We were in Leavenworth this past Thanksgiving weekend and wanted to eat lunch at a nice, decent place that wasn't too expensive (I had 3 children with me,so this can be a challenge).
We came upon the menu of the Soup Cellar, and for that day there were many specials, including a grilled cheese sandwich with tomato soup for $6.95. Bam! The kids all wanted this, and I enjoyed a half-reuben with German potato salad..all of this for under $30. The food was tasty (the kids liked the soups, while I really enjoyed the reuben...it was sweeter than other reuben sandwiches I've had).The host and waiters were kind, but the place was crowded as it was a very tiny establishment. We had to wait in line on the stairs, which was interesting,as this seemed to be the only way in OR out of the place.
But hey, it was worth the wait.
A special note....there are dollar bills all over the walls from customers. Most of them signed their names on the bills and where they came from (I saw some from New York, Texas, California, Kansas...etc). Fun to read while waiting for your food.

• Visited November 2013