“RUDE RUDE RUDE!” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Portland, OR
“RUDE RUDE RUDE!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

We printed out a Restaurant.com coupon while we were in Leavenworth for Valentine's Day. We called ahead to make sure they'd honor the coupon on Valentine's Day, and they said that was no problem - Valentine's Day wasn't one of their restricted holidays. We gave the coupon to the waitress when we sat down, and she didn't say anything about it. So, we ordered and ate our food.
About halfway through the meal, the owners came in and sat at the table right next to us. We were the only customers in the restaurant. They talked very loudly and were very rude. Then, the waitress mentioned our coupon and they said that it couldn't be honored because it was Valentine's Day. The waitress reminded her that we'd called ahead and were told it would be honored. She said "Too bad, It is printed right on there - no holidays." That's it. The owners had no apologies for us, no comments to us, nothing. They just continued their loud conversation. This was the worst and most inconsiderate service I've ever received. I would never come back here while it was under this ownership. What a disappointment! Clearly these owners don't care about repeat business or word of mouth.

• Visited February 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Federal Way, Washington
“I cannot believe they are still in buisiness”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2011

We wew there to have a simple chicken caesar salad. We didn't want noodles which is what the cook calls "god" We asked the the person who came to our table that this is not what we wanted. we wanted a simple chicken caesar salad without the noodles. The person who was at our table fielding our issue was the cook. And she said there is nothing wrong with our salids and that it was made perfect. I said that we didn't want the noodles in the salad. She said well then you should've not ordered it with God. I was like What is GOD? She said the noodles. I said again we want a simple chicken caesar salad. She said sure. but you will be paying for both salads the one with GOD and the new ones i will bring out because there is nothing wrong with the meals. So here I have my children with me and I'm about to go to war with a cook over what I will or will not pay for. and she threatens me with the police if we do not pay for the food which we didn't order. This was to be a vacation not a nightmare. And to have my children with me during this ordeal was just frustrating. I ended up paying to take the road of less resistance and walked out with out eating.

• Visited December 2010
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Madras, Oregon
“Bad coffee... Terrible service.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

We chose this place because they apparently make Cafe Vita coffee, which we usually like, but we must say it was hard to tell it was anything past folgers. We asked how much coffe was, we were told it was $1.50, so we entered. We just needed a morning boost. We sat down and tried to enjoy our dissappointing coffee, but after about the first sip the bill got thrown down before me. I glanced over at it and was surprised to see that it was for $5.33? After finally getting a waitresses attention, to question how it could be so high, she said that coffee was actually $2.00. This surprised us, not that we have a problem paying more, just be up front about it. So I still asked, how could they then tax us $1.33, and she says her manager rang it up and that is what the till said. She then proceded to fill our cups half way and marched off. Half way? what is that? I went and asked to talk to the owner who said "someone was blind" and charged us a total of $4.33 for the worst two cups of coffee in the west. No apologies or anything, just that attitude of drink what we give you and buzz off. Won't go back here again!!!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Fun place to eat. This was my husbands...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2010

Fun place to eat. This was my husbands first time in Leavenworth and first meal here. The god food is an absolute must. I could have just eaten the full plate of it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
WA
“We want the cookbook!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2010

Come for the best tasting, freshly prepared food in town. The original menu is diverse & the flavors earthy, yet complex. Excellent selection of vegetarian, meat, hot & cold dishes--truly something for everyone. The restaurant itself could use a going-over (photos straightened, etc), but the food is so good & atmosphere so comfortable, you may not even notice.