“Sound of Music & Annie Get your Gun” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 13 attractions in Leavenworth
Type: Theaters
Attraction Details
Edmonds, Washington
“Sound of Music & Annie Get your Gun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Both were delightful and costums and props were greatL!
Very professionally done! The outdoor theatres were very enjoyable.

Portland, Oregon
4 attraction reviews
“Unbelievably Great!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

My wife and I have attended many plays and musicals while on vacations in small resort areas and have never encountered this level of quality (with the one exception being Ashland, OR of course). The musical we attended was The Sound of Music. The cast was of broadway caliber right down to the children - who were amazing - we were surprised when we learned they were not "flown in" from some major metro area, but were children from the local schools.
Our tickets were near the orchestra and we were warned that it may be a little loud for us when we purchased the tickets, but we couldn't have been happier. We were so close to the orchestra that we felt like we were part of it. I made a casual comment to one of the players before the show and the next thing we knew we were talking to several band members - which my wife especially enjoyed being an oboe player - she and the oboe player talked shop for a while before the warm up.
The scenery was perfect, the cast was friendly - the nuns escorted people to their seats - just an all around fun night. I will pass along a tip I received from a prior review and it paid off - pay the $1 for a seat cushion.
We were not allowed to take pictures during the show but I will include some before and during intermission.
One last comment - the price was very reasonable. I hope they can afford to keep this going - what a great attraction for Leavenworth!

Nashville, Tennessee
43 attraction reviews
“Must Go!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

A delightful experience on the mountainside. We were very impressed by the cast in their various roles and the countryside open theatre. I it a must go if your visiting Leavenworth. Wish that i would have rented the cushion for the seats and obtained one with a back on it. Nevertheless, it was a great night and id give it 5 stars!!

Visited May 2012
Seattle, Washington, United States
“Amazing performance!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

The Sound of Music production was great fun, moving, and in a wonderful outdoor theater. I would recommend everyone who visits Leavenworth in the summer, to spend an evening here, for great value entertainment!

Visited September 2012
coeur d' alene, Idaho USA
“Sound of Music”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Maria's singing started out very shaky and I was thinking we had made a terrible mistake paying for these tickets. But her singing turned around (She had been climbing and jumping during the opening singing. Maybe this was part of it?) My girlfriend and out dtrs loved it. They can't stop singing the songs.
DO take layers of warm clothes even if it seems hot out. It gets cold when the sun goes down. DO take a cushion to sit on. The seats are very uncomfortable.