“Highlight of my Summer” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 26 Activities in Leavenworth
Type: Boat Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Daily, unhurried and overnight white water rafting trips in Washington and Oregon. Orion River Rafting - The Good Guides in the White Rafts - is a full-service outfitter providing all necessary river gear, professional and personable river guides. Established 1978.
Seattle, Washington
“Highlight of my Summer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

So much fun! My first time, but not my last. Thanks for a great day. Staff was so great to us. Six middle aged and older girls with a sprit for FUN.

Visited July 2013

Wenatchee, Washington
16 attraction reviews
“Very exciting, and safe!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

We went on the Tieton river by Yakima, though Orion. It was a blast! Very exciting rapids, but not too out of control where you felt unsafe (level 3 rapids I think they said). I did get a little cold, so I would recommend following the attire instructions they provide closely. I am definitely going to sign up for the other river expeditions they offer!

Bellingham, Washington
“Perfect day on the Wenatchee river!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

The weather was perfect and the river was even better! This time of year the river is generally a lot lower, but because of recent rains we had a blast on higher water and awesome rapids! Our guide, Gus, was fabulous and steared us clear of areas where we may lose someone out of the boat! Used a Groupon so it was a great deal! However, I would've paid full price for this kind of fun!

Load up on sunscreen, where a hat but no cotton clothing... those are the important things to know. Outhouses available before the trip begins, but otherwise you are on the water for several hours. I recommend wearing the wetsuits they provide. The water is COLD. If you have your own aquasox or something similar wear those, otherwise you can wear their booties.

Visited July 2012
Moses Lake Wa
3 attraction reviews
“An exhilarating trip down the river”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Had the pleasure of rafting with this company this week. Have not done it in years and was slightly nervous with the run off being so high this year. Our guide did a great job of laying out all necessary safety precautions and the footholds that are in the rafts now add great security while out on the rough water. Eat before you go and remember to bring your own bottled water. A small snack also would have been nice at the break point where we portaged the raft past the dam. Everyone works as a team, everyone paddles and how well we can maneuver the raft will determine if we can hit all the white water available. The guide does most of the steering but the paddlers are the force behind him. What a great experience. Would make for a good team building exercise. Can hardly wait to go back! Oh and don't forget to tip your guide!!

Visited June 2012
Chicago, IL
“This capped off our weekend in Leavenworth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I'm a big fan of whitewater rafting, always have been. I've gone enough times in the last decade to have my fair share or old and bitter guides to the young stoners who are careless and only interested in their amusement, not ours. This time, we didn't have either. We had Adele. Since I was in from Chicago on business, a friend invited me along as the 6th rider for their boat. I was glad to join. The orientation prior to getting in the boat was comprehensive and clear, the energy was engaging and relaxed - and the river was insane! The currents were extraordinarily fast, the waves were high and awesome. Our guide Adele gave us a great history of the area, made a lot of self-effacing guide jokes (What's a difference between a guide and a pizza? A pizza can feed a family of 4. What's the difference between a guide and a 401k? A 401k matures in 30 years).

Everyone in our boat had a great time riding this 4 hour tour. I highly recommend this company and our guide. When I'm back next summer, I'll be booking it.

Visited June 2012