“Beautiful Winery Just Outside of Leavenworth” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 26 Activities in Leavenworth
Type: Wineries, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Owner description: Poised on a gentle hillside surrounded by pear orchards, vineyards and the majestic wooded peaks of the Cascade Mountains, the five-acre estate offers a magnificent tasting room and entertainment hall designed by renowned Montana architect Jerry Locati and built by the founder, with towering scissor-truss roof frame, broad windows, and stone fireplaces warming the front great-room, the rear tasting room, and outdoor stone patio.Silvara Vineyards is the dream project of partners Gary Seidler and Cindy Rarick. Just east of the Bavarian village of Leavenworth, the lodge-style tasting room crowns a broad knoll from which you can enjoy a spectacular view of the Upper Wenatchee river valley while tasting a variety of wines.In fall or winter, sit back with your wine in one of our leather seating areas and bask in the warmth of two fireplaces; in summer, catch a live band playing on the green as you relax out-of-doors with a picnic while overlooking the wildflower carpeted hillside. We also offer delicious winemaker dinners paired with our wines. Besides offering wine tastings, the facility welcomes large or small businesses and social gatherings, and will work with couples to provide their memorable dream wedding.
Seattle, Washington
3 attraction reviews
“Beautiful Winery Just Outside of Leavenworth”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Wonderful wine tasting experience just minutes east of Leavenworth. The outside grounds are beautiful, with a fire pit, and plenty of outside seating. Perfect for a picnic on a warm summer day.

We went with a large group in April, and it was raining, so we tasted wines inside. The inside of the winery is spacious and rustic. We chatted with the owner, and enjoyed hearing about the tasty wines from a friendly woman from Vancouver, WA.

There is a reasonable tasting fee and this place is dog friendly!

If you are looking for a change of pace outside of Leavenworth, I highly recommend Silvara Winery.

Visited April 2013

Cashmere, Washington
“Escape to sophistication”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Since moving here from a large city, it has been difficult to find a place that my husband and I can escape to for a little luxury. Silvara's tasting room has fulfilled that need and so much more. It has been our go-to place when we have friends and family visit. They swoon over the views from the tasting room and love getting to taste wines that they can't get anywhere else. My husband and I are just lucky enough to live close by, so we can indulge in our favorite wines of the valley anytime we please. I highly recommend stopping in here, meeting the wine maker himself, and enjoying some wine by the fire. If you're lucky enough to go when the weather is nice, sitting out on their manicured lawn and sipping wine over the wildflowers and orchards is a one of a kind experience.

Visited February 2013
Wenatchee, Washington
“Wonderful Wine in LeavenworthWonderful Expericce”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Came into town to enjoy wine in the area and was pleasantly surprised by what Silvara Winery had to offer. The winery had a quality selection of wine for it being still a young winery. Pleasant service and it tasting experience. The tasting room is large and enjoyable, even with the colder season it was delightful to taste wine by the fire. The winery would be a wonderful location for Weddings and business meetings. Next time I’m visiting Leavenworth I will be certain to make Silvara Winery a consistent stop.

Visited February 2013
Vancouver wa
“Wow!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Great wines! Great view! Winter wonderland! Leavenworth is a beautiful small town to begin with and the experience at silvara embodies what leavenworth is all about! A relaxing place to let worries fade away as you sip a great glass of wine sitting by a warm fireplace overlooking a winter wonderland!!!! How does it get any better??? If you want to top off your vacation experience the right way you will certainly stop by too!!!!!

Visited January 2013
“Great wines and great view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

I walked into a cozy and warm environment. I instantly thought that this was a great place to relax and taste some good wine. I was expecting good wine until I tried the klipsun wine and was BLOWN away!!! I toured other wineries in the area and this has to be the best wine and atmosphere out of them all. I came to Leavenworth to drink beer but too many beers only lasts so long when your on vacation. A must stop next time you are here. I will be back once my case of klipsun runs out.