“outdated but served its purpose” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free High Speed Internet
Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Leavenworth
alberta
“outdated but served its purpose”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed for a recent Oktoberfest weekend. So we paid a high price just to get near to the town. It is basically a motel, I wouldn't call it a hotel. But it served its purpose and we were able to walk to town in about 10 minutes. It is very outdated and everything smells stale. We had to air out our room by leaving the door wide open. The breakfast was ok. It is very noisy as it is right next to the road and the walls are paper thin so you can hear your neighbors talking. The doors all face outside so you can hear people walking along the balconies at all times. I probably would never stay again unless I absolutely had too. The staff was friendly though and it was clean enough.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Edmonds, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Stayed here for the 1st weekend of oktoberfest and being that I work in a hotel myself I have a pretty good idea of what to expected from any kind of hotel. Granted this being a small town I didn’t expect to be staying in a 5 star resort but when I call a week before to ask for a early check in and when I get there they have no not of me even calling or even being somewhat friendly at the front desk was almost shocking. If you hate your job so much that you can’t even smile at guests you should move on to something else. When we walked to our room there was some old TV lined up out front like a garage sale and the rooms had the worst smell we left the door open even though it was 50 degrees out just to air it out so we could be in the room and the bed were even worse not comfortable and stains on them super gross. To top it off I left something in the room and called later that day and they said they couldn’t look in the room cause another guest was already in the room and they wouldn’t be out for a week but they would look and call me when they left over a week went by no call and when I tried calling no one had any idea what I was talking about and that they would call me back, once again no call back so I started calling again and they just said nothing was turned in and I told them I know it was turned in someone was suppose to look in the room and they said once again they just said they didn’t find anything. Worst customer service ever!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Howard J, Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Leavenworth, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time for giving us feedback about your stay. I would like to apologize about your experience during your stay. We will try to review our policies to ensure this does not happen again in the future as customer service is the most important aspect in the hotel industry. We would also like to apologize about the eyesore of the "old TV" that you saw as we have recently been upgrading our hotel with all new flat screen TVs in all of our rooms. We would look forward to having you come back and seeing our positive changes, in hopes of proving that we are trying our best to make every guest experience an enjoyable and relaxing one.

Been to Howard Johnson Inn Leavenworth? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Inn Leavenworth

Address: 405 Highway 2, Leavenworth, WA 98826
Location: United States > Washington > Leavenworth
Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Leavenworth
Hotel Class:2 star — Howard Johnson Inn Leavenworth 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wyndham, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Howard Johnson Inn Leavenworth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Express Inn Leavenworth Hotel Leavenworth
Howard Johnson Leavenworth
Leavenworth Howard Johnson

If you own or manage Howard Johnson Inn Leavenworth, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.