“Tasty cookies” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 71 Restaurants in Leavenworth
Cuisines: Bakery, Coffee Shop, Dessert
Good for: Families with children, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Description: Located on Commercial St, right behind Front St. Come check out the quieter side of town and beat the long lines on front st.Serving Cafe Mela Coffee, a local coffee roaster!
Olympia, WA
“Tasty cookies”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Small house tucked behind the main street, with really good gingerbread cookies. The basic round cookies were very good--crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, not too sweet. We also shared a gingerbread heart with peppermint buttercream frosting--the frosting was really good. The staff were very friendly and attentive. We felt very welcome and enjoyed the stop.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Tacoma, Washington, United States
“Hot cocoa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

All nine of our family - made 2 visits to the Ginerbread Factory. The cookies are reasonably priced. It was croweded, but, that made it all the more fun.

Argyle, Texas
“Good cookies!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I thought there would be more variety here but the selection is limited. However, what they did serve was really super yummy! I'm not a big frosting fan but the frosting on both our gingerbread cookies and sugar cookies was really good, creamy, and not too sickly sweet.

Kelowna, Canada
“Yummy gingerbread”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Stopped here to get my special Santa face decorated gingerbread...next time I might try the butter icing gingerbread.

Lynnwood, Washington
“Delicious Cookies--wish I'd tried it sooner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I go to Leavenworth at least once a year and don't know why I've always walked by and never stopped in here. I've really been missing out!

I'm pretty picky about cookies. I tried 3 different types of cookies here and they were all good. These were soft and fresh unlike many places that over bake their cookies. I don't even like gingerbread and I liked their gingerbread! I tried a holiday cookie that was really good. They said it was chocolate, but it tasted more like gingerbread to me. It was heart-shaped and had the most delicious white frosting with bits of peppermint in it. This frosting is to die for! It's not too sweet or rich; it was really unlike any frosting I've ever had--probably had a powder sugar base because it wasn't too thick or sugary. I also liked the heart-shaped sugar cookie I got with green frosting on top--delicious! Also tried the chocolate chip cookie and it wasn't bad, but paled in comparison to the other ones. The workers were very sincere and friendly. It's so important to make your customers feel welcome and they get that.

Gingerbread Factory if you read this, please keep that frosting coming and sell it in jars. You guys are awesome and so is your frosting.

• Visited December 2012