“TERRIBLE service, average food” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Olympia, WA
“TERRIBLE service, average food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Apparently customers are an inconvenience in this restaurant. I know there are a lot of great reviews on this restaurant--the reason we went here--but, really? We visited on a Sunday night, not particularly busy. It is down in a windowless basement, but the decor was not unappealing. We were seated quickly, and then waited some time for a wait person. There were three of us, and when she arrived, I explained that my husband was on his way. She brought us three waters. I asked for a fourth, and a pot of tea--and four tea cups. She said of course, as if it was silly of me to think she wouldn't know there would be four tea drinkers. She brought us the tea and two teacups. My husband arrived and she did not come back. I finally flagged down another waitress and asked nicely if we could get a two more tea cups when someone had a chance? She said "two more teacups?" With surprise, as if I had said, "May we have two more elephants, please?" Then she proceeded not to get the teacups and several minutes later we saw her tell our waitress we needed the tea cups. Who then did a number of other tasks before bringing the tea cups. She took our order, and I asked if we could get some more hot water in the tea when she had a minute. Which apparently was not for quite some time, after we were served our food. Which arrived hot and attractively presented. But without plates upon which to eat it. Nor flatware. Which we had to request. We decided not to order sushi--just couldn't do it in Leavenworth in an unknown restaurant--except a California roll, which was fine. The pad thai was fine. The gyoza was fine. And the equivalent of "swimming angel" or bathing rama"--it had a different name, was mediocre. Almost no taste of peanut in the sauce and it was sweet. Perhaps the sushi is great, as others have experienced, but I would not recommend this restaurant when there are at least 49 others in town from which to choose.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Bainbridge Island, Washington
“Wow! Great sushi in Leavenworth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Was totaaly surprised and impressed by the quality and freshness of the sushi rolls at Wasabi. If you appreciate sushi, you must give the Apple Blossom A try. Among the bet pieces of sushi I have ever eaten and my wife and I eat alot of sushi. Well worth a visit before it gets 'discovered' by the hordes who descend on Leavenworth.

Leavenworth, Washington
“mmm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

sushi is great by far and being so far from the ocean you would think the sushi wouldnt be fresh but it was great. couldnt of asked for better.

Visited December 2012
Spokane, Washington
“Still the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

Still some of the best Thai food we have had. We come here overtime we are in Leavenworth and are never disappointed.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best Thai food in Leavenworth area.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

Wow. Didn't expect this place would have a great Thai food. Was scared at first trying to eat Thai in Leavenworth. But found the gem of a place to eat. Their red curry is wonderful and pad thai chicken noodle was delicious. Would come here and eat again. Loved it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere