“Stayed here before, will stay again.” 5 of 5 stars

You added Leavenworth Village Inn to your Saves list
Leavenworth Village Inn
1016 Commercial Street, Leavenworth, WA 98826   |
Ranked #12 of 28 Leavenworth B&B and Inns
“Stayed here before, will stay again.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The rooms are clean and spacious. I booked a two queen-bed room and there was plenty of space for the two of us. The staff was both professional and courteous on the phone as well as in person. I was the last one to check in and they still had a parking spot for me. The hotel itself is easily walking distance to downtown. This hotel will always be my first choice in Leavenworth.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Bremerton, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is a lovely little hotel just one block away from all the shops in downtown Leavenworth. The temperature in Leavenworth when we arrived was 107 degrees and we were very happy to find the air conditioner happily cooling down our room when we arrived. The room was large and well appointed with nice little touches here and there. The only complaint I had is that there were no tea bags in the room and when I went to the office to ask nobody came to the front desk, even though I waited for quite a while, nobody came to see what I wanted. It was a good thing I wasn't booking in I guess. The wine bar was not open either that night, so that was a little disappointing. Overall, I would stay there again but make sure I had no own supply of tea bags.

Room Tip: If you have mobility issues you may want to ask for a ground floor room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Spokane Valley, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I'll start this review with a disclaimer. About a dozen years ago, when it was owned by another party, I was the sales director for this property. Because of that, it had a special place in my heart. We stayed in room 206, overlooking the village street and not the courtyard.We enjoyed the sound of the horse-drawn carriage clip-clopping down the road and the vehicle traffic was really not an issue.

I was very pleased with the some of the updates, i.e. plush towels, nice bed linens, window coverings. The room was very clean, bed was comfy, good pillows, shower hot with good water pressure and even though it was on the floor 2 of 3, we didn't experience any excessive noise. These to me are very important criteria for a good nights lodging.

Here is why I rated the property just average: no breakfast. Nearly every inn in Leavenworth prides itself on their included breakfast. Instead, they chose to turn their breakfast room into a small wine bar that during our two nights there, I never saw any customers using. In the room, they provided yougurt and 390 calorie breakfast cookies "to start the day". Some fresh fruit would have been more appreciated than the small high-cal sugar bombs. There was a coffee maker with Organic coffee, but the absolute cheapest coffee-whitener packets they could find. A nice flavored coffee creamer or even just a half & half creamer would have been more in line.

In the end, we slept well, but we probably won't choose this property on our next visit because there are so many other great inns in the village.

Room Tip: There are 3 floors with outside entrances and no elevator. If you have issues climbing stairs with l...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Mentor, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I rented the "Grand Suite" for my family to unwind in during an overnight stay. Walking into the room, there was certainly a "wow" factor when we saw how big the living room area was. The bedroom was large too, with a jetted jub in it. But as we settled in, the room started showing its age. The TVs were old analog tube models sitting inside chipped cabinets. A cracked faux-granite tile in the bathroom was loose under our feet. The bathroom door creaked so loudly it sounded like we were entering a tomb in an old horror movie.

Other inconveniences quickly became apparent. My wife and I almost needed a stepladder to get into the four-poster bed because it was set so high off the ground, and the mattress was hard and lumpy. It also didn't help us sleep when we kept hearing people knocking at the rooms next door until 1 AM (the rooms aren't exactly soundproof).

The light complimentary breakfast was fine - a couple of breakfast cookies and two yogurts - but it would have been nice to have silverware in the kitchenette. Two people couldn't eat yogurt at the same time because one plastic spoon was the only utensil in the kitchenette.

At least the room was clean and the hotel was convenient to the shops and restaurants in downtown Leavenworth. But our stay was no better than an average hotel, and we were hoping for a little more luxury for our money.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Oakdale, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

This is a older hotel, but very clean and quiet. The staff was so helpful and friendly. We arrived early and asked if we could leave our car and check in later, come to find out our room was ready and were able to check in 2hours early!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Poulsbo, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

This was our first trip to Leavenworth and I am so glad this is the hotel we choose. The staff were attentive to our every need. The location is perfect, everything notable is within easy walking distance. The room was beautiful, spacious and comfortable. The bathroom was breathtaking. Both evenings we took our hotel chairs outside onto the balcony and watched the sunset behind the mountain. The view from the 3rd floor was spectacular.

Room Tip: The rooms on the 3rd floor have a view that is breathtaking.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Nice staff, spacious rooms with fairy land charm all walking distance to downtown Leavenworth. There is also a small parking lot to park in as well. This is the best place I have stayed in Leavenworth.

Room Tip: I stayed in 301 the double queen with a friend, the room was big with ample space. It also has a cou...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Leavenworth Village Inn? Share your experiences!