“Very Good Xmas Breakfast, Brunch would have been better but....” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Kingfisher Restaurant & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 74 Restaurants in Leavenworth
Cuisines: Organic, Vegetarian, Healthy, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hwy. 2
Transit: Stops A Coulomb Tech CT2103 charging station is available to overnight guests of the resort on a complimentary basis. Visitors to the local area are also able to use the station, with a reservation via a special ChargePass™ card for a nominal fee of $1 per hour.
Description: Kingfisher Restaurant and Wine Bar features gourmet meals created with the freshest local ingredients, many from Sleeping Lady's own two-acre organic garden. Meals are chef's choice and are served buffet style in Kingfisher's lodge-style setting which features exposed wood beams, river rock, and sweeping views of Icicle Canyon. European-style seating encourages interaction among guests. In the summer months, the terrace and the creek side meadow are available for outdoor seating. An extensive beer and wine list highlights local favorites and compliments the menu, which changes daily. Seasonal specialty drinks are also available. Sleeping Lady is proud to be a member of Chefs Collaborative, a leading nonprofit network of chefs that fosters a sustainable food system through advocacy, education, and collaboration with the broader food community.
Mercer Island, Washington
“Very Good Xmas Breakfast, Brunch would have been better but....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

Apparently brunch didn't work out as well for the Kingfisher as it is no more. My wife and I visited the Kingfisher a couple of years ago when they were serving brunch. We were very satisfied with the selection and quality. As we don't overnight at the Sleeping Lady Resort brunch works best for us. Now if one wants a late breakfast one must show up just before it ends at 10. Our reservation was for 9:45.

In spite of all that the breakfast fixings were very good and the absence of the lunch items of a brunch were not missed. The hot buffet line is a bit narrow in its offerings (no eggs Benedict for example) but the basics were there; eggs, meats, pan cakes and pizza(?).

The grain selections were comprehensive and high quality with scones, croissants, bagels and natural cold cereals galore. Great, designer jams and jellies are a nice touch.

Service was good, actually better than we remembered as this was one of the weak points of past visits. Shortly after we secured our hot plate and got seated our server told us that the hot line would close in a few minutes. Shortly thereafter he informed us that they would hold the line open for another twenty minutes. Nice.

In retrospect, though, they should have closed the damn thing down anyway. My second pass through for more bacon and sausage did my belt line no good. But is was Xmas, what the hay!

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Bend, Oregon
“Wonderful breakfasts and dinners!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

I was a little worried about the healthy menu advertised for Kingfisher. I eat well but was envisioning sprouts and tofu. I couldn't have been more wrong. The meals were gourmet healthy, delicious and with great service!

Visited December 2011
Suffolk, UK
“Praise to the Chef for his Roast Pork”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

Sunday evening at the Kingfisher Restaurant. My roast pork was probably the best that I have ever enjoyed, and I was delighted to subsequently notify the Restaurant Manager.
Excellent food and knowledgable and attentive staff.

Visited December 2011
Tacoma
“Unlimited amounts but limited dinner choice.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

Breakfast had several choices. Lunch and dinner had a choice between 2 entrees with 2 or 3 side dishes. This is not a full menu restaurant but the choices were adequate. For a business meeting, we liked the convenience of not having to leave the grounds to eat.

Visited October 2011
Washington
“Amazing food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

Usually the words buffet and salad bar don't imply high quality or interesting food but this place shocked me. Amazing. I could eat at that salad bar every single day and not get tired of it. I probably gained 5 pounds in my 3 day stay.

Next time I go into Leavenworth I'm not eating in town, I'm heading to Kingfisher and paying a little extra for this place.

Visited October 2011