“"Friendly and Cozy"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beaver Valley Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Leavenworth
Beaver Valley Lodge
18630 Beaver Valley Road, Leavenworth, WA 98826   |
Terrebonne, Oregon
“"Friendly and Cozy"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My wife and I stayed @ Beaver Valley Lodge 3 weeks ago arriving way after dark we were met by the friendly staff who showed us to the room and asked repeatedly if there was anything they could get us. Very cozy comfortable room with tasteful decor, clean and quite. After a good nights rest we had a good breakfast at the nearby cafe and then walked around the grounds enjoying the fall colors and tasteful landscaping and beautifull surroundings. We will return again and tell our friends. Thanks again, Scott and Pam

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

38 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We discovered Beaver Valley Lodge by accident a few years ago while exploring the lake Wenatchee area. We have always loved the wholesome nature of this place and just when I thought it couldn't get any better...it has! It's under new management!! After reading a few negative comments about the manager I had to let the world know that its no longer a issue. The new manager was pleasant and easy to deal with. We had a great time again and look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed September 2012
Kirkland, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

A group of us have stayed in the Home Suite, for 2 years, for an annual get together. (The down stairs and the upstairs open sleeping area are air conditioned, but the upstairs bedrooms get very warm and stuffy on a hot day.)
We have had up to 10 in number and found the large 'Great Room' good for gathering. It includes a good size kitchen, dining table and living room. There are also 2 side rooms that can be opened that have their own bathroom, and 2 queen size beds per room.
The staff is friendly, patient and goes out of their way to be helpful. (They stayed friendly and helpful when we had many questions and did not find items that were already in the facility. They also showed us the other group facilities and offered us another option, for next year, that might suit our group better.)
I had two people tell me they thought the blankets and bedspreads needed washing and the carpets cleaned. (Every one has different standards for clean.)
The kitchen and the bathrooms have basic supplies. We found we needed to bring a larger salad bowl, blender, olive oil, spices, baggies, plastic wrap, foil, pump soap for the bathrooms - they only have bar soap - and ice - there is only one ice cube tray.)
The area is beautiful and serene with many out door play options and wineries.There with a coffee bar in the hardware store, (that also has gifts, jewelry, toys, etc.) a grocery store and a cafe that serves breakfast and lunch, next door. Leavenworth is near by with many shops and good restaurants. (Our favorite restaurant is South.)
In all, the group likes the area and Home Suite and will be returning next year. Georgia

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Lynden, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Great location, clean room with basic amenities for a comfortable stay. Good beds and the microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker are an added bonus. Access to Leavenworth and surrounding area is a bonus too. This is a place to come regardless of the season.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Bothell, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

My husband and I were going to Plain,WA for a wedding the weekend of our anniversary. We found this place last minute with affordable pricing. Judy at the front helped me scout out dates that would work and we were plesantly surprised at the availability for us last minute. When we arrived Judy and another every energetic and sweet gal (I forgot her name) were at the front desk. We were issued keys and she asked how we were. We hadn't planned anything for the weekend besides going to our family friends' wedding. We wanted to do other activities including river rafting and Judy immedietly called the Ospray river rafting business to see if they had room for two more the following day. THEY DID! Judy wrote down the contact information and the phone number for us and everything. They both shared other options that were local and inexpensive. We were able to check in early and on the day we left, we were able to check out an hour later. They were very kind to us. The young gal helped us with our questions of where to find clothing for a wedding in Leavenworth..(Husband forgot to grab the wedding clothes hanging at home! Ekk!) She took our picture out in the courtyard after the wedding and complemented our outfits! She had such a sweet personality and really was helpful in all she did for us.
We stayed two nights in a standard room part of the main lodge. Beautiful scenery. There was a storage center behind the lodge that was unexpected but had no local traffic. We had the place to ourselves one night... not another guest there. It was pretty nice. Had dinner in the courtyard.
We thought there was going to be an oven because the brochure said, "if you want oversized pots and pans bring them from home." And a set of plates, bowls, mugs and silverware were apart of the kitchenette. We planned to bake muffins for breakfast but found there to be only a microwave and fridge. We brought a bottle of wine but no wine opener... And the whole town closes down Sunday evening... so that was an experience trying to open a wine bottle without a wine opener.

Cons: We could hear our neighbors through the walls one of the nights snoring and talking. Then in the early morning heard their phone vibrate, we thought it was one of ours going off. We also woke up from them parking and walking on the patio... sounded so close we thought they were coming in our door.
Only soap in the bathroom was hand soap. Bring your own shampoo/conditioner etc. Never have had to wash my hair with a bar of soap before... :/
They need to dust in the desks.

Overall my husband and I would probably book here again if we are in the area. We had quite a pleasent time.

Room Tip: Get a room on the end if you get a room in the main lodge. And on the opposite side of the smoking a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

My friends and I stayed here for a friend's wedding. The lodge is nice and well-kept, but the manager is irrational and rude if you request anythig from her. I won't go into the details, but she got into arguments with several of us throughout the weekend, and I also had the misfortune of being near the smoking area, where she argued on the phone. She's nicey-nice until she's not, then watch out. Not worth the hassle.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Sedro Woolley
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We had booked in March for a July reservation for 2 rooms for 2 nights stay, and due to a family emergency we had to cancel the first night for both rooms. We cancelled a little over 24 hours out. Beaver Valley Lodge requires a 50% deposit at booking, which is non-refundable. I have no problem with the non-refundable deposit policy, but when we checked in they kept the entire deposit, and charged us the full price for both rooms for the night we stayed. Since we did not cancel the entire reservation, I felt that half the deposit should have applied to the second night stay, and they should have only kept half the deposit since we had to cancel one night. I tried to discuss this with the manager, but she was immediately defensive. She said they had just had another upset customer because they did not understand the deposit was non-refundable. I could not make her understand that I was not complaining about the non-refundable policy, just that they were keeping the full amount. She was firm the policy was to keep the full deposit, and did not even try to understand what I was attempting to explain, so beware and make sure that you are clear about the fees. I was told that I could not speak with owner, and could only write a letter. I wrote a letter to the owner, but it was not delivered, as promised. The manager came back to me and said that she spoke to the owner and explained the situation, and since we had to cancel one night that changed our reservation to a single night stay, which raised the price of the rooms significantly, so they managed to keep all but $22. We had 2 children, who they had not originally charged for but also added them to the charges. They charged everything they possible could to keep the full deposit. This was all very nicely related to us, tongue in cheek. We really left with a very bad taste and will not stay here again nor recommend it to anyone. This was really very poor customer service.
The rooms are nicely decorated and the beds are comfortable. There is no hair dryer, and if you need to press anything you have to go to a room off the office to use the iron. The only thing that is provided is hand soap. We had a very large bug crawl out of one of the towels, but that can happen anywhere, I suppose. The rooms were very clean. I am sure it is a nice place to stay as long as there is nothing out of the ordinary to deal with. We will not stay there again, nor recommend it to anyone. Also no wireless internet.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Beaver Valley Lodge? Share your experiences!