We used to visit the Sleeping Lady about once a year and have always found it to be a wonderful and charming eco resort in the woods. Unfortunately, this past valentines day, which also happened to be our anniversary the following day, we chose to go to the Sleeping Lady for a romantic getaway. We were shocked at how many screaming children were running amuck in the dining room (50 dollar dinners and there are children running everywhere), children running amuck outside our cabin at 7:30-8:00 in the morning, children in the cabin attached to us screaming at 7 am. We called the front desk multiple times, nothing happened, my fiancee went to ask nicely if they would quiet down, nothing happened. They finally moved us to another room and assured us there would be no children next to us. That night at about 9 pm, a family with children moved into the room next to us and the children proceeded to scream and yell in the loft until all hours of the night and then in the morning we were woken up again by the children. This used to always be our go to place for a relaxing weekend but now if anyone asked me I would tell them not to waste their money. I didn't pay almost 300 dollars a night to not get any sleep. Also, the food was seriously lacking the last time we were there. This is what happens when places get too concerned about the money and they lose all the quality. This was not a relaxing couples weekend by any means and I regret our decision to visit the Sleeping Lady. We will not be back.
- Also Known As:
- Sleeping Lady Mountain Hotel Leavenworth
- Sleeping Lady Mountain Hotel
- Sleeping Lady Mountain Retreat Leavenworth
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The breathtaking beauty of Washington's Cascade Mountains, superb cuisine and accommodations in harmony with nature create a destination like no other. Located just two hours from Seattle and nestled into the forest on the banks of Icicle Creek, Sleeping Lady offers inspiring outdoor venues, art, beautiful guestroom and gathering places - the ideal backdrop for events, adventures and escapes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Tingo, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Sleeping Lady Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.