“Wasn't horrible but not good either” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Fairbridge Inn & Suites

You added Fairbridge Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Fairbridge Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   185 US Hwy 2, Leavenworth, WA 98826 (Formerly Langston Inn and Suites)   |
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Leavenworth
portland, oregon
“Wasn't horrible but not good either”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I've got to say that I read reviews on Tripadvisor before staying here. It sounded "okay"... That's what it was. Overall, we won't stay here again. I debated on giving two stars but I wanted to be positive. There were several positives and several negatives. The staff there was super nice to us. We stayed three nights. In that period (mostly the first 24 hours), I killed 7 spiders in our room. One was larger than a quarter. We found the previous persons toothbrush in our bathroom along with drug paraphanalia. There was a nice coffee maker and only decaffinated coffee. Every day we had to go to the front desk and get regular coffee. I did ask (on the second day) to please tell room service to put regular coffee in our room please... I would say the room was last updated in the 80's. It was old and tired to say the least. We had a fireplace in the room that had hand prints from small children all over the glass. The T.V.'s were the old style and not the new HD type. All those pictures (in tripadvisor) that show these relatively nice rooms - I didn't see one like that! Sure wasn't ours. The free breakfast was decent. For what it was, it was good. The pool was a bit gross looking so we didn't use it. Very murky water. The hot tub was good. The location of the hotel was nice. A couple of blocks from downtown so that was convenient. We never considered staying elsewhere but we also looked at a couple of other places while there so next time we will have a better place to stay. We are out all day so we don't need anything super elaborate but at the same time, I want a decent, clean place to stay. This really wasn't it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Me and My husband were stayed 2 nights with the hotel. we had a great stay, very good hot breakfast service 7 am-10am. .Nice, clean and quiet room . The hotel position is great . It's walk distant to the center of the town. This is very acceptable and recommendable. We were very happy with the price and stayed.

Issaquah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Before I share my experience and you think I have something out for this hotel, I want you to know I only write this so you can take it into consideration before booking here. I've NEVER written an on line review EVER but had such an awful stay I want to be sure folks have the benefit of my learning. I'm sure the fact we stayed the weekend of Oktoberfest contributed to the terrible experience because the festival weekend jacks up prices and brings in folks that want to drink all night at the beer gardens, however I can honestly say this is the worst hotel experience I've had. Charging what amounted to $270/night (including taxes) for this run down hotel (dirty & torn carpet and stained bathtub) that was incredibly noisy from street traffic, drunk Oktoberfest guests and pets left alone barking nonstop was criminal. Had I known what to expect, I definitely would have saved my money, stayed in a chain hotel in Wenatchee and driven into town and had a much, much better night's sleep to boot. I share this so you are aware what you are getting in to if you book when Leavenworth has an event going on and hotel occupancy is limited. The staff is not nasty, but honestly not cordial either. I was in the lobby one morning and said hello to the person on duty who did not acknowledge us. It's a small enough lobby, I'm certain this person heard my greeting.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Twin Falls, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

My husband booked this because of the reviews on hotel.com and we were not disappointed. It is not fancy and pretty basic, but the price is good. We were there on a Thurs just before Octoberfest started the next day and we got a decent deal. The free breakfast is typical fare of juice, waffles, fruit and yogurt, etc., but was very nice.
The room is very basic but clean and that is fine with us. The bed was good and so were the pillows (something I notice). There was a fridge and microwave which was nice to have. And having free wifi is a must for us also.
The location is very good and is close to restaurants and shopping. It is close to the tourist area of Leavenworth so that was attractive to us.
We were very pleased with our choice and would stay here again.

Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Stayed here 3 nights in late September. Excellent rate w/ AAA during the week - much cheaper than Best Western, and essentially the same location. A lot of amenities for the money: guest laundry, wireless internet, PC for use in lobby, DVDs for rent from lobby, juice and coffee 24/7, breakfast that includes eggs and sausage, microwave and fridge in the room. Great location - right on the main drag of Hwy 2 and everything in town is walkable. Staff was friendly and helpful. Only downside is the rooms themselves are pretty small and old and the lighting is not very good. The other issue is our room had an obvious mildew problem around all of the windows. This is not a first-class place, but if you want a reasonably-priced (non-holiday weekend) room in Leavenworth, this could work. I would stay there again, most likely.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Me and my family stayed for one night and it was really good! The room was clean and the beds are comfy. It's simple but it's complete - TV, fridge, ironing board/irons, dvd player, etc. We are glad that it's just a walk away from the town and you could see a really nice view of the trees and the mountains from the hotel. The staff was very nice and it happened that we needed some toothbrush, and they were prompt on giving it to us. It's fairly quiet and we had a really good sleep. We weren't able to try the breakfast tho since we checked out early. We'll definitely stay again. :D

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I had bought a Living Social escape to this hotel for a great price. We always enjoy staying in Leavenworth, regardless of weather and time of year. On the way there, I began to read reviews of the hotel online and questioned my wisdom in this purchase, some were truly scary.

For those going through the same experience, let me set your mind at ease. The hotel is absolutely fine. Yes, it is on the highway, so there is some road noise in the morning, but not a lot. Yes, it is an older hotel, so not as sparkling as a newer one. It is also clean, the staff were pleasant, we were not assaulted by odors or uncleanliness. The beds were comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was also fine and comparable to most at any hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairbridge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!