“Had a Great Stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairbridge Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Fairbridge Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Fairbridge Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   185 US Hwy 2, Leavenworth, WA 98826 (Formerly Langston Inn and Suites)   |
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Leavenworth
Yelm, Washington
“Had a Great Stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed two nights in the King suite. The room was very clean. We enjoyed the spa tub and the fireplace. Even with 2 thin blankets on the bed in March we stayed warm. We did not get down in time for breakfast so I cannot comment on that although the area looked nice and clean. The pool and hot tub area looked small but it also looked clean, although we did not use either. The only complaint I have is we stayed Friday-Sunday and no housekeeping ever came to our room. Also there is a crack when the door is shut so I would suggest maybe putting more weather stripping around that so the cold air doesn't blow in so much. I would definitely stay here again though!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Fairbridge is a decent family run hotel. The location was just outside of the main downtown area of Leavenworth, but still very close to the town center.
They had a swimming pool that was fun and full with families.
The room was dated and a little worn, however it was clean and comfortable.
Free parking and free internet was a big plus. Over all not a bad place to stay for the price. The breakfast had cereals as well as hot dishes like Biscuits and Gravey.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

The good:
Easy walking distance to tourist area of Leavenworth.
Kids loved the indoor heated pool and hot-tub, despite the crowd.
Breakfast was a very pleasant surprise: eggs, sausage, good buttermilk biscuits, two waffle makers (with a constant line of people waiting on the 2.5 minute cook cycle) with bulk strawberry compote and whipped cream, various cereals, lowfat and skim milk, juices.
We were generally happy with the cleanliness, other than the shower upper surfaces as noted below.

The "meh":
Parking was tight, we were never out of luck - but often seemed to get one of the last spots. There is a little extra parking around back underneath.

The bad:
Across our visit, despite trying different times of day, I never had a more than luke-warm shower - and some were downright chilly. That's unacceptable after a day in the snow. Shower seam-line between plastic and wall was filthy - the maids aren't likely to see up there, but should reach up to wipe down the surface anyway. I put my hand up to steady myself, and the water caused a black trail down the shower wall.

Door to the room didn't swing shut to latch - had to pull hard on it, and we accidentally left it open at least once when we left.

Hotel offered 10% off next visit to compensate for the issues - should have pushed harder for a discount on that visit.

Room Tip: Rooms seem pretty much the same - the hotel is only one room "deep", no "front"...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Pros:
-Great Breakfast
-Spa/Pool
-Walking distance of downtown
-HBO
-Price
-Availability

Middle of the road:
-Felt reasonably clean

Cons (note: these may have been specific to our room, but I am guessing that is not the case):
-Loud water heater
-More than average wear and tear in our room

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Marysville, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

First of all I wanted to say that our experience at this hotel was better than we had expected after reading lots of negative reviews AFTER we booked the room. I know that reading reviews of a hotel after booking and pre-paying isn't the smartest thing but I am actually glad we did. It gave us an idea of what to expect. Our expectations were low so we were pleasently surprised that the room we were assigned looked like it had brand new bedding and it was clean, very clean. You could smell cleaning products right when you walked in and the towels had a strong bleach smell, but hey, I knew they were disinfected then. The furniture was very old but it was all functionable and served it purpose. The bathroom had a few issues that I didn't like. A cracked toilet seat, rusty shower curtain rods, etc. These are cheap ways to make a room more presentable and the hotel owner should consider investing. This hotel is old and the rooms reflect that. With some newer furniture and a few minor repairs this place would be a steal. The exterior of the hotel was the worst part. The steps looked liek they had never been washed or swept and boy did they need it. I know its not feasible to wash steps when it's 20-34 degress out but even just sweeping would've helped. There was bit of food scraps and lots of dirt, sand, and grime on them.
All in all we felt that this hotel wasn't near as bad as people made it sound. It's NOT The Ritz and doesn't advertise that it is The Ritz so don't expect The Ritz.
The cost of a one night stay here was about 1/2 to 1/3 of anywhere else we looked so if you are looking for a cheap night sleep this is a good bet.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

There are so many thing wrong with this hotel, I just want to warn you, in attempt to save your money and vacation. First - there is terrible smell in the room - some disinfectant or chlorine, I don't know, but it is so strong,I almost had a laryngospasm, didn't sleep well, and my liver was screaming next day, trying to clean out the toxins. Moreover, when I brought my pajamas back home, it still smell this chemical.
Jacuzzi was filthy with black plaque above the water and pieces of carrots and peas on a bottom. Pools shower had an ankle high standing water.
You need to use all weight of your body to close the door in the room and neither electric plug by the bed or a lamp were working. Conditioner was too noisy.
Blanket was too thin, and there was no additional blanket available in the room, I had to go to receptionist to get one.
Breakfast was decent, but it couldn't make up for the rest of the experience.
So I want to save you a trouble - stay away from this hotel, unless staying in noisy stinky room in the one star roadside motel is your idea of having fun.

Room Tip: I asked locals which hotel is the best, they said Ritz and Best Western.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Mukilteo, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Reserved on line for a weekend but the minute we walked into building, the small tables used for the mini breakfast sent a warning. The room we paid in advance for was to say the least, like walking into a Motel 6. The couch covering was old and needed repair, the arm nearly fell off. The front door has several gaps thus cold air was constant. Wanted our money back but according to their policy they were doing us a favor giving the 2nd day back. So my wife and I had to stay one night. We went out and purchased cleaning supplies since the Spa tub was filthy, the sink trim the same and used the ironing board with my coat to block out some of the cold air coming in the door. The shower was nice and the bed comfortable but little else to our liking.
We moved to the Bavarian Lodge the next day and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. They are 100% customer orientated.

Room Tip: Review the website first with reviews then call the establishment. Many times the internet will adv...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairbridge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!